Traeger Timberline 1300

NYC ‘Que

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was up at 0430 lighting the smoker and once that was done, I stumbled upon Traeger’s website. I was really impressed with the Timberline 1300. Anyone have one that would care to share their thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would peruse this thread before you even consider the Timberline model.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249126

It sounds like maybe, after a whole year of updates, that maybe it's working the way it's supposed to now, but maybe not. I wouldn't invest that kind of money in something which has so many problems.

I’m not really a pellet guy, at least I don’t think I am. I was more curious than anything. Thanks for that other thread.

I’m not really a pellet guy, at least I don’t think I am. I was more curious than anything. Thanks for that other thread.

I'm with you on not being a pellet guy. I had some food off a Timberline recently and I couldn't taste or smell a single iota of smoke.

For that kind of dough, I’d get a MAK or a Yoder. I had a Traeger, and it would have flamesouts all the time even after vacuuming it out. People on the forums would state the issues are from user error, but truth is it is a widely known problem. I eventually sold it and got a MAK.

For that kind of dough, I’d get a MAK or a Yoder. I had a Traeger, and it would have flamesouts all the time even after vacuuming it out. People on the forums would state the issues are from user error, but truth is it is a widely known problem. I eventually sold it and got a MAK.

100% accurate. I went to a Traeger "Workshop" not so long ago and it was 50 people and I was the only one who didn't have a Trager. During the class someone asked the Traeger host about "flameouts" and when asked who had a flameout EVERYBODY raised their hands. haha

100% accurate. I went to a Traeger "Workshop" not so long ago and it was 50 people and I was the only one who didn't have a Trager. During the class someone asked the Traeger host about "flameouts" and when asked who had a flameout EVERYBODY raised their hands. haha

Haha now that’s funny. When I’d call customer service, they’d act sooo surprised when I’d tell them I keep having flameouts and can’t figure out why. Eventually the rep I spent an hour with on the phone said maybe a Traeger isn’t meant for me and said he was out of ideas. What I don’t miss is having to pull all the food off, getting my hands all nasty again and burning them on the hot metal, and then adding another 2-3 hours to the total cook time.

I had one flameout on my mak since owning for 3 years and it really was my fault. I hadn’t cleaned it out after probably 10 cooks and dropped the temp from 475 to 180 rather quick.

I’m glad I started this thread. I didn’t realize there were so many issues with this cooker.

Back