** First Time Smoking Brisket **

SmokeyZassOff

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am trying my first Brisket Flat, I know its not the full on Brisket but its my first time and hated to spend that kind of money to mess it up and/or have that meat for just me and my wife lol.

I will be smoking it with my WSM, and just wondered if anyone had suggestions or tips for me?

Thank you in advance!

Brisket

Hey All
Were are all the briskets experts? I'm no expert but here is what I do. This is pretty much
SOP for briskets.
Rub and smoke at 225* till 165* or your get a nice bark. Then wrap in foil or butcher paper with butter/brown sugar/apple juice. Smoke until probe tender start checking at 200*..
Good luck with your 1st brisket.
DanB

I have a Weber Smoky Mountain, I just smoked a brisket last weekend. My rub is just salt and pepper. It was on the smoke for around 7 hours then I wrapped it and left it on the smoker for another 2, then let it rest, wrapped in a towel in an ice chest for another hour.

Good luck!

Oh and yes, the temp was 225 the whole time.

Don't undercook it. You'll be tempted to pull it too soon. Resist that temptation. Go by probe tender. Once it is done let it rest a couple of hours.
Most of all: have fun! Oh, and post pics.

Don't undercook it. You'll be tempted to pull it too soon. Resist that temptation. Go by probe tender. Once it is done let it rest a couple of hours.
Most of all: have fun! Oh, and post pics.

Yes if you are going to miss on a brisket (especially the flat) miss over not under!

Back