Quality Time and Smithfield Ribs

brog315

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The wife was out of town and that meant a few things:
1. I got to spend a rare weekday home with my little man
2. I got to dress him the way I want
3. I got to feed him what I want (within reason)

While playing outside, we realized it was too gorgeous of a day not to fire up the smoker. Given the time, we settled on a shorter cook, and went with ribs for dinner.

After following the never ending thread on Smithfield ET ribs in the comp section, I figured now would be as good a time as any to try some. Little G and I loaded headed to grab lunch, and while out stopped by Walmart to pick some up.

Even though it was just the two of us, I decided I may as well do a couple racks and have some lunch for the week. Leftover BBQ can always be put to good use.

I'm hoping to build my backyard stick burner soon, but the Weber works fine in the interim. I think they turned out great. Definitely were juicier than most other rib cooks and overall just seemed like a meatier rib than I usually get. I am a fan.

And little G loved them as well. Not as much as he likes my brisket, but I'm in agreement with him there. I can't wait to build and share a lifetime of memories with him around the pit. He "said" they were finger-licking-good!

Great cook and great post, you are starting Little G off right by him spending time with dad. He's a cute one and times like these are fleeting, enjoy every moment.

Cant ask for a better day! Kiddo, lighting a smoker and good food. :thumb:

Good looking ribs. I like the shirts u got ur boy in. They r pretty slick. Thanks for the post

Thank you! I'm excited to get home and eat the rest of them.

The wife came up with the shirt designs for me when preggo. Sells them on her Etsy site. I'm trying to convince her all proceeds should go to bbq related items and competition fees :wink:

Thank you! I'm excited to get home and eat the rest of them.

The wife came up with the shirt designs for me when preggo. Sells them on her Etsy site. I'm trying to convince her all proceeds should go to bbq related items and competition fees :wink:

You have a link to her site, love the shirts.

Very nice! My wife doesn't know it yet but our daughter will be a grilling machine as soon as she is old enough

Ribs

Great post!! How were the Smithfield ribs? WEe they the Extra Tender ones?
DanB

Back