My first Brisket EVER - now smokeing

Hook_Line_and_Sinker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My first Brisket EVER - overdone

Had scheduled the day off so I was looking for some pork to burn when I ran into a packer Brisket for 1.17 / Lb that screamed do me - so here goes...

With all the Brethren help I've gleaned form here , I decided to drop it in my UDS and give it a shot.

Thanks go out to all of you, and especially Mista for the how to prepare brisket video (and of course the how to cook on a UDS one)

So for the second cook on my UDS its brisket, 14 Lbs -
trimmed it , injected with beef stock and wooster , and rubbed down with seasoning.

I'm not sure what to expect, but its dialed in and going

Of course now I'm nervously rereading all posts on briskets and hoping for the best

Hook Line and Sinker

Attachments

• 14 lb brisket.jpg
    14 lb brisket.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Brisket Dialed in.jpg
    Brisket Dialed in.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Hook, best of luck buddy......this and cbbqa are the best ways to keep on top of useful tips.....have yet to meet or chat with anyone on either site that isn't friendly helpful or fun to mess with.....by all means the more pics the better.....I just did 2 briskets, 4 butts and chicken last wknd for practice for Modesto comp......im nowhere near an expert, and hopin for best at comp but you have come to the right place for anything you need for knowledge on Q.....can't wait for the update pics

So what are the plans, how did you prepare, how long are you cooking it for, what temps, what wood and the all important question which way is the fat cap facing ???? We want to know. Good luck, first times are always fun.

I never got a Mista video on brisket :confused:

It may be ready some time by 5:00 AM tomorrow morning or later. All you need to do is wait and monitor the temp on that hunk of meat. Keep us informed. It will probably cook quicker in the drum, mine did.

Briskets do tend to cook quicker on the drum. Unless you have some wild fluctuation in temperature, don't even open the drum for the first 5-6 hours for a 14 #'er. Just le the drum do it's job.

Hello....how bout an update....do I get brisket pron in the am for breakfast...Yummy!

Prone due in @ an hour

I'm keeping it sealed up tight till the 6 hour mark - then pron will be taken

SMELLS GREAT - Temps are holding nicely @ 225

OK I got a fatty here what do I do with it ? I have an hour to prep it

Briskets do tend to cook quicker on the drum. Unless you have some wild fluctuation in temperature, don't even open the drum for the first 5-6 hours for a 14 #'er. Just le the drum do it's job.

Here's the secret to fatty preparation:

1. Open the package.

2. Squeeze it on the the grate.

3. Put the lid back on the smoker.

4. Wait.

What no seasoning? Let me know what time to be over, I'm hungry!

I'm keeping it sealed up tight till the 6 hour mark - then pron will be taken

SMELLS GREAT - Temps are holding nicely @ 225

OK I got a fatty here what do I do with it ? I have an hour to prep it

I'll be interested in seeing some pictures and your review as I am a turner.....:cool:

OK the six hour flip pron -- it was fat side down so you are seeing the fat cap after 6 hours

gave it a spritz of apple juice and tossed on some brats saving the fatty for later

I stuck it with the probe and its showing 163 at the middle of the flat

Attachments

• brisket pron 6 hour flip.jpg
    brisket pron 6 hour flip.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 141
Back