****Spare Rib Help!!!****

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Hi All!

I know things are done when there done but I am at a loss on this one. Put a BUTT on the EGG early today, Butts been on 8 hours and is at about 174º.

Put the spares on 2 1/2 hours ago and the bones are pulling back about 3/8" and the meat temp is 170º-175º. EGG has been running at 225º-240º dome grate has been at 220º-230º.

I know the temp gauge is okay as the Butt is cooking normal.

I had to roll the ribs for room and have never done it that way before, could that effect the cook time? I am thinking about foiling the ribs. What do you think?

If the ribs are pulling back that far and the rack bends easily when you hold it by one end horizontally, the ribs may very well be done. insert a toothpick in the meat and if it goes in easily, those suckers are done. Foil and cooler them if you need to hold them.

If the ribs are pulling back that far and the rack bends easily when you hold it by one end horizontally, the ribs may very well be done. insert a toothpick in the meat and if it goes in easily, those suckers are done. Foil and cooler them if you need to hold them.

Thanks!

I foiled them an put back on the EGG, some thicker areas are running about 165º and the toothpick goes in a little hard still. Hope I did not ruin them but when I tried to pull a piece of meat it was still tough, hope under cooked and not toast.

Bought these at Albertson's already cut STL style, never tried theirs before. Usually get them at Costco but they were $1.99 lb at Albertson's.

Thanks!

I foiled them an put back on the EGG, some thicker areas are running about 165º and the toothpick goes in a little hard still. Hope I did not ruin them but when I tried to pull a piece of meat it was still tough, hope under cooked and not toast.

Bought these at Albertson's already cut STL style, never tried theirs before. Usually get them at Costco but they were $1.99 lb at Albertson's.

The only pork my Albertsons sells that is not juiced are butts and country (butt) ribs, maybe they are enhanced??

Back