The BBQ League

So glad i joined , like supporting BBQ guys and programs that will help keep BBQ growing ! i love this sport even though im new to the game , its become a passion for me.

You got it straight! Most of our "Tell-all" style classes will be prerecorded and edited because of the depth of material. You will be able to watch these over and over again. Our live cooks and classes will be more fun/backyard focused.

Is there an APP ? for easier phone use ?

BBQ League

Just signed up. Haven’t cooked a contest in a long time, but looking forward to getting back into it. The discounts alone are great.

I just want to give an upvote to what The BBQ League is doing. Having taken their class vs. what they made available online for the pork box...you should sign up. Great video tutorial.

Tim and I have 58 including the Jack, The American Royal and three KCBS pork team of the year awards. We give our entire process plus all the other stuff mentioned for $100. I promise, you aren't finding that anywhere else on the internet because there is no one else more qualified to teach competition pork than the two of us.

We honestly didn't price this thing for competition cooks. It's way to low. We have had hundreds come through our classes at $650 a pop. What we are really hoping is to create some value and content for everyone and we tried to price it accordingly.

If you've got any other questions let me know!

I've enjoyed the content I've seen on you tube including a pork trimming and brisket trimming video, it was awhile ago that I watched them. They were very informative even for a backyard cook like myself. I'm sure an in depth of the entire process would give plenty of value.

Good luck on growing the League

Just signed up, looking forward to checking out the content :thumb:

I just signed up for this and have been really enjoying the content so far. Helps that I also just bought a Gateway Drum Smoker as well so its been awesome to have that added benefit of a tutorial on the smoker I use. Did their hanging chicken recipe last night and it turned out fantastic.

Did it backwards though bought the drum smoker then found this website which has a 10% discount on all gateways. The discounts alone can get you your money back and the prize packs for these contests are no joke.

Chemistry among the guys is great and I really have enjoyed the videos so far.

Keep the feedback coming. We really want this to be yours and welcome any ideas to bring content or events that you guys want to see or participate in.

I’d say you guys have done a great job with this. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the content and I’ve already saved $ with the discounts. One thing I’d be interested in is a way to watch the videos on tv. Are there any plans to make the content available on roku?

I’d say you guys have done a great job with this. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the content and I’ve already saved $ with the discounts. One thing I’d be interested in is a way to watch the videos on tv. Are there any plans to make the content available on roku?

Right now you can cast to a smart TV from your phone or device. We do have apps and more viewing methods in our plans. We want to make it as easy on you guys as possible going forward!

If your Roku is less than a few years old, you should be able to stream from your laptop or phone. Or use Chromecast or AppleTV.

If you are using Chromecast, just ht the menu that looks like the up arrow in the upper right side, select "Cast" and you should see a number of options. Brad and the guys look great on the big screen.

I just joined earlier today! Honestly, I can tell you I already got my money's worth in the first two videos I watched!

The BBQ League has been around for a bit and was wondering how people who have subscribed are still feeling about it? I'm looking at joining and just wanted to see if it still has enough of a "content feed" to keep people interested / educated?

The BBQ League has been around for a bit and was wondering how people who have subscribed are still feeling about it? I'm looking at joining and just wanted to see if it still has enough of a "content feed" to keep people interested / educated?

well this is not an easy question to answer without some more detail to offer.

here is what I mean.

is it worth the money to pay and join and be exposed to everything that is on there right now? without question! I would 100% recommend that you join. There is a wealth of info that you will be exposed to by lots of knowledgable folks. great discounts on products and classes are offered as well after you join.

if the question expands out to "does there continue to be enough new content and interaction added to make it worth your while to keep paying an annual fee?", that is where the answer becomes more complicated. to me, I am not sure. once you watch and re-watch all of the things you are interested in, for me personally there has not been enough stuff added to really keep me super interested. that's not to say that new content is not being added.....I'm just saying that the content that has been added since I joined doesn't appeal to me as much.

so when my membership expires, as of today, rejoining will be a coin flip for me. Because i love being a part of the bbq community so much I want to keep on with it.....but it's a been a pretty good while since I watched any videos on it.

overall, i want to stress again how much I would recommend joining initially......heck I got my membership money back on discounts that were offered on products and classes I took after joining....so it's essentially been free. and because so much of this kind of stuff is subjective then it would be totally up to you to decide during that first year if it's worth paying for a second year.

@Masque13,

Thanks so much for the detailed and thorough response. My concern when it first launched was that it was going to be "front loaded" with content, and then we'd see content dwindle pretty rapidly. As you've stated there are a ton of classes already uploaded, so I think I'll pull the trigger.

I'm doing my first KCBS competition in about 2 years, so I'm pretty rusty and wouldn't mind a quick refresher and an update on what everyone is leaning towards these days.

Again, thanks so much.

I joined about a month ago and have watched a few videos and this old did learned a few new tricks. As long as I compete, I will probably keep my subscription because I won't always cook comp style at home and will always need a refresher just before a comp.

Back