Tacos De Lengua

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Today my mom and grandmother came to visit. We made a family favorite. Beef tongue.

Beef tongue was in the freezer for 1.5 hours. It's easier that way to remove the skin. After that we seasoned with a beef rub. Smoked on the Primo Grill at 275 until probe tender. 195 internal temp. Total cook time was 3 hours.

My mom made us tortillas and got a quick lesson.

Thanks for stopping by.

That looks great! Next tongue I'm going to remove the skin and smoke it too. Been on my list for awhile.

That looks great! Love lengua tacos and burritos, one of my favorites.

Yes to all that! I've had lengua a couple times and really enjoyed it - great stuff!

This is kind of weird Tony I was just thinking about your Tacos De Lengua yesterday. Thanks for posting and as expected they look amazing. Your mom's tortilla look incredible as well.

Great looking cook. I grew up in South Texas and we had lengua tacos every Sunday Morning before church. My mom always crock potted it the night before and it was served with homemade flour tortillas instead of corn. It is pretty much a breakfast only item down there. It is so cool to see the regional differences in cooking styles. Yours look AWESOME!!!!

Fantastic, Tony! Tortillas are spot on, as well!

Your griddle is very similar to the one The Missus uses when she makes tortillas.

Absolutely LOVE lengua! Wife was squeamish the first time she had it but now enjoys it. Thanks for sharing!

Lengua tacos FTW Tony! Looks great and what are you paying for it nowadays? Store next to me has them at $9.50/lb. :shock: A lot of the taquerias stopped serving because it's gotten so expensive.

Back