MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-04-2021, 08:44 AM   #1
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe
Default Any Frozen Burger Patty Suggestions...Speaking of Lazy Man Meals

Hey All,

I have had the different burger patties from Costco which were so so. Tried Omaha Steak and was impressed. Anyone have any suggestions that are reasonably priced? Looked at SNF and was over budget...Thanks!

Old 12-04-2021, 09:19 AM   #2
Curt.P
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Curt

Restaurant Depot if I happen to think about it when I'm there. Otherwise I make my own and freeze them or I'll pick up fresh meat.
Curt.P is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-04-2021, 11:11 AM   #3
Negolien
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzadski View Post
Hey All,

I have had the different burger patties from Costco which were so so. Tried Omaha Steak and was impressed. Anyone have any suggestions that are reasonably priced? Looked at SNF and was over budget...Thanks!
I would recomend you askin the butcher to grind you some sirloin maybe or brisket. You can always get one of the little rubber burger presses and a grinder and do it yourself. That way you can blend your own. just freeze meal sized portions.

Honestly there is only two of us so i tend to get value pack meats and use my inkbird vacuum sleaer to portion several meals out of it. poor .. you know how it goes. I been working the entire pandemic too :<(.

https://sliceofkitchen.com/best-meat...urger-recipes/
Negolien is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:54 PM   #4
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negolien View Post
I would recomend you askin the butcher to grind you some sirloin maybe or brisket. You can always get one of the little rubber burger presses and a grinder and do it yourself. That way you can blend your own. just freeze meal sized portions.

Honestly there is only two of us so i tend to get value pack meats and use my inkbird vacuum sleaer to portion several meals out of it. poor .. you know how it goes. I been working the entire pandemic too :<(.

https://sliceofkitchen.com/best-meat...urger-recipes/
Thanks! I guess I just need to be less lazy lol. I skimmed the article for now and will read better later. Looks like some really good info.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:58 PM   #5
Bacchus2b
is One Chatty Farker

Restaurant Depot for sure. Get the Certified Angus 80/20 burgers which are great on a grill or griddle and designed to cook frozen. Just season with SPOG, cook on one side until you see juices and flip once. Easy!

The patties come in three sizes which will be marked 4/1 (Quarter Pound), 3/1 (Third Pound), and 2/1 (Half Pound). Sold in a ten-pound case.

I always keep one case in the freezer for those days when my teenagers have friends suddenly appear for game days. You can also get a giant stack of sliced American Cheese while you are there!
Cookshack FEC-100
Weber Summit 420 Gasser
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26" Kettle
PK Classic Grill
Bacchus2b is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-04-2021, 04:49 PM   #6
jeffshoaf
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Jeff

I got Sam's Club Members Mark frozen 1/3 lb Sirloin burgers for a big family cookout back in August and grilled them over oak splits on the Santa Maria grill. They were very tasty - several attendees said they were the best burgers they'd ever had.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-m...frozen+burgers
jeffshoaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2021, 06:29 PM   #7
wazzou
Got Wood.

I really like the Grass Fed 1/3# patties at Costco.
wazzou is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2021, 12:13 PM   #8
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

You can always do Bubba Burgers
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2021, 12:00 PM   #9
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Decided to man up and not be lazy...well the wife did at least. Got home from work this morning and she had them ready to vac seal after chilling in the freezer...what great gal!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pac.jpg (56.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20211206_164038590.MP.jpg (60.5 KB, 68 views)

Old 12-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #10
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William
Default If I'm not patting them out myself I like these.

Walmart or Sam's. 1/3lb Angus 12ct for $16.93. I'm not sure the ratio but they don't shrink much so I'm guessing around 80/20. They are quite tasty.

Last edited by WilliamKY; 12-07-2021 at 09:30 PM..
WilliamKY is online now   Reply With Quote