Newly joined, long time reader

tsax6010

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
For some reason I had not created an account here until recently, but I have been an avid reader of the site and have found gobs of useful information here over the years!

All of my BBQ questions thus far have been confined to the manufacturer's forum of my current smoker, which is an electric Model 2 from Smoking-It. This unit has served me very well for years, but I am now on the prowl for more of a "big boy" smoker. I am very interested in Yoder pellet smokers - especially the YS1500, the Ole Hickory CTO, as well as gravity fed smokers (very intrigued by the new Stumpville endeavors of Lacey and her dad having followed that story - especially interested in their dual/tri fuel options). I am husband to a woman that loves my cooking, and a dad to 2 young kids that are picky as heck eaters but love my BBQ - especially my (in my mind) perfected sauce recipe. I don't have time to babysit an offset, so unattended overnight cooks are a must.

I love to cook - just about anything. I prefer to take the labor intensive route of cooking from scratch whenever possible - I rarely use boxed pasta or jarred sauces. I always grind my own meat, and I like to make my own mozzarella, breads, pickles, salsas, beer/wine, you name it.

As I continue to research my options and expand my overall BBQ knowledge, I look forward to soliciting advice from other experienced forum members!

Dana
Streetsboro, OH

Attachments

• WP_20150414_19_00_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150414_19_00_29_Pro.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 39
  • WP_20180830_08_36_28_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20180830_08_36_28_Rich_LI.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 39
  • WP_20180914_08_17_18_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20180914_08_17_18_Rich_LI.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Looks tasty! Welcome to the forum.

That sandwich has my mouth watering. I’ll have to make one

That sandwich has my mouth watering. I’ll have to make one

BBQ pulled port breakfast sandwich ;) Great use of leftovers. Crisp the pork up a bit in a cast iron skillet while the egg cooks.

Now that you joined, you'll now find tons of useless information in Woodpile.

Welcome

Welcome to the brethren! Appears you’ll fit in just fine around here :)

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Glad you joined in with us Dana, welcome to the Brethren.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome Dana. You already seem to know your way around outdoor cooking, so you will fit in well here. Feel free to jump in any place you like and be sure to post some more cooks.

Back