• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Judging Classes - cannot find a class

slider2021

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I went to the KCBS page and looked for judging classes near me in NY for the remainder of 2022. Nothing came up.

So I then entered my zip code and used a 2000 miles radius from my home. Not one class came up. There is obviously a massive problem with the search engine.

Any idea where I can find out this information?

Thanks

Just looked in a 500 mile radius of my location for the remainder of the year. Only 1 class (KS).

Looks like they have a massive problem with hosting judging classes rather than the search engine

There is a class in Belair, Md. on Aug. 11, about 170 miles from NYC, if it's worth the drive.

I live in NYC. MD is way too far to drive to go to a 5-hour class. :tsk:

I called KCBS. They have no classes anywhere near where I live for the rest of the year. I find this pretty sad given that they are supposedly the "premiere" organization when it comes to certifications. You think that they would have ongoing classes throughout the country - especially in major cities such as NY? This makes no sense whatsoever. Extremely disappointed. :mad2:

I live in NYC. MD is way too far to drive to go to a 5-hour class. :tsk:

I called KCBS. They have no classes anywhere near where I live for the rest of the year. I find this pretty sad given that they are supposedly the "premiere" organization when it comes to certifications. You think that they would have ongoing classes throughout the country - especially in major cities such as NY? This makes no sense whatsoever. Extremely disappointed. :mad2:

Agreed.

I had to drive 4 hours to take the class I took years ago. :crazy:

I think a lot of judge classes are organized by an event organizer. Usually this is in response to a shortage of judges in their area for their event. I don't believe KCBS decides to create judging courses and organizing the necessary support services. They merely supply the teaching personnel as requested. The organizer is responsible for the support services i.e. class facility, cook to prepare meats, turn-in boxes etc

If you want to become a judge you have the option of travelling to the nearest class or waiting. A lot of us traveled to take the class.

Back