1/2 gallon of maple syrup

Samichlaus

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
A buddy just gave me 1/2 gallon of maple syrup. First thought was a homemade sauce, not opposed to that in the least, any other ideas? Maybe a dessert?

I agree with waffles. I just ate a mess of them earlier this morning

You can use Maple Syrup in any instance where sugar / sweetener is added; it just give a mild hint of maple. Remember Maple Syrup became a necessity during the British embargo of goods which cut off the supply of sugar to the colonies. Maple syrup was the sweetener that brought them through these economic sanctions.

A maple glazed ham, maple syrup on biscuits, pancakes, or waffles. The University of Vermont has a small cookbook online...
https://cdi.uvm.edu/collection/uvmcdi-uvmcdimaplerecipes

Roast some sweet taters and make maple pecan butter, which is basically, yes, maple, chopped up pecans, & butter plus some cayenne - can't remember what else - that may be it. Got that from Big Bob Gibson's Big Book of BBQ - it's fanfarkingtastic.

No no no :-D

Waffles

Pecan Waffles

Peanut butter waffles

And, pancakes I guess. I don't understand the love for pancakes, unless you've never had a waffle.

Don't forget the fried chicken with those waffles :heh:

If you make home fermented beverages, Google "acerglyn".

Otherwise... French toast.

Don't forget the fried chicken with those waffles :heh:

Yes sir! And love that breakfast sausage with maple syrup on it as well.

I didn't discover maple syrup until 5 or 6 years ago, but now I can't settle for anything less.

Hard to beat waffles.

I'm thinking puff pastry, granny smith apples, maple syrup, but I'm relatively clueless. One of you drunken savages must have some baking knowledge.

Just now wondering if it would be possible to substitute maple syrup for the corn syrup in a pecan pie.

My afternoon lockdown cocktail has been coffee, bourbon and a splash of maple syrup, they come highly recommended

Roast some sweet taters and make maple pecan butter, which is basically, yes, maple, chopped up pecans, & butter plus some cayenne - can't remember what else - that may be it. Got that from Big Bob Gibson's Big Book of BBQ - it's fanfarkingtastic.

Just now wondering if it would be possible to substitute maple syrup for the corn syrup in a pecan pie.

I got nothing that ain't been already mentioned but need to get some maple syrup and try these three things.

I’m voting for waffles as well. Especially Hampton inn waffles; love me some hotel waffles. I finally found out they use the golden malted just add water mix. Now I have over 10lbs of waffle mix at home. Did I mention I love waffles?

Back