Blackened Shrimp Stuffed Salmon

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've stuffed salmon with crab, shrimp, wild rice, etc.. This time I went with blackened shrimp.

I used a skin-on slab, removed the belly for even cooking..

g4SWBwz.jpg

butterflied the slab open like a book..

fdH6Hck.jpg

uxS0Fk6.jpg

Used some blackening seasoning on the shrimp and sauteed it in butter with scallions and garlic..

nFqMClS.jpg

gave the shrimp a rough chop and added them to a cream cheese, garlic, onion powder, lemon pepper, cayenne blend...

qfons16.jpg

AkhZcUq.jpg

Piled the blackened shrimp, cream cheese filling down the middle and sprinkled with more lemon pepper and blackening...

2bHym80.jpg

WB9qEpM.jpg

Folded the flaps over the filling and into the drum with a bit of alder...

MQcHDMj.jpg

The belly meat smokes up quickly, It's the cooks treat. lol

JHxvQsN.jpg

uCn6Z1f.jpg

The stuffed salmon takes about 20 to 25 minutes. I pull it off the heat when the juices start to show.

qLrTK9I.jpg

51Vc1v8.jpg

nRP3UWM.jpg

Topped with more blackened shrimp and called er good!

izZFY0G.jpg

8Ub6pvy.jpg

I had to taste the creamy filling first..

MhOWIyl.jpg

Then the flaky salmon...

X1xN4Cq.jpg

I really liked this one. Will be doing it again. The blackened shrimp, cream cheese stuffing was tasty and had just enough of a bite to keep things interesting. lol

Thanks for looking!

Oh, day-um!

With social/physical distancing, you sure know how to treat yourself right!

That looks ah-mazing.

Oh, day-um!

With social/physical distancing, you sure know how to treat yourself right!

That looks ah-mazing.

lol Thanks Shadow!
I have a close circle of 4 friends that I still visit with. We're isolated out here. :grin:

I have a close circle of 4 friends that I still visit with. We're isolated out here. :grin:

Glad to hear that you won't be going quite as crazy as the rest of us. You could raffle off "tickets" to that group on here and be a millionaire!

Stay safe, well, and take care. You've certainly got those covered, Jeanie.

Wow Jeanie! That is one fantastic meal. I would sign up to eat that every day for a week! Another Cowgirl creation to add to the must cook list. Thanks for sharing.

Once again Jeanie, a beautiful cook and plate!!

Outstanding Jeanie, I'm sure it tasted better than it looks but that presentation is top notch. :hail:

izZFY0G.jpg

……...and a Wild Alaska Company add just popped up;-()

Wow! Just amazing, as always. It all looks delicious, Jeanie and the presentation and photos are top notch. Outstanding! Stay safe.

-Dom

Well that's just real pretty. Of course.

Please tell me that you don't raise your own salmon in your pond...

Absolutely outstanding Remember I can do dishes and still do social distancing
You never cease to amaze me

Thanks everybody! I liked the addition of the blackened shrimp in the stuffing. Heck, I don't think you can go wrong with anything that involves cream cheese either. lol

Hope you all are keeping safe!

:hail::hail::hail::jaw:
That is the best reason for being Catholic and eating fish on Friday. I love salmon anything and that dish is over the top!! Excellent!

:hail::hail::hail::jaw:
That is the best reason for being Catholic and eating fish on Friday. I love salmon anything and that dish is over the top!! Excellent!

Thanks Ron! Hope you give it a try. The fillings are endless. :grin:

Back