I got a Kudu

KORND4WG X

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Been eyeing these for awhile but got my Watchman instead (which I love and use a lot). This one showed up on CL and for the price I decided to jump on it.

Included was the lid, tongs and cover. Seller also threw in some braai wood :clap2:

Pic just messing around with fire here

VeC7ag6l.jpg

I have a couple salmon filets that I’ll do later :thumb:

That thing looks awesome. Make sure to share some of your cooks.

Also...I hate you....now something else I need to get!

I’m always looking for a CL deal like that. I passed on a Santa Maria a few years ago and always regret it. Nice score.

That thing looks awesome. Make sure to share some of your cooks.

Also...I hate you....now something else I need to get!

Thanks my brothers. It was about 1/3rd of new so figured that was a steal. The people were super nice so that always makes a CL score even better.

The cast iron skillet was unused and I don’t figure to use it as it’s kind of heavy and gets in the way. Nice to have just in case I guess.

That's a pretty neat looking contraption. To me its strength is in its simplicity. Minimalist design, if you will. I visited their website. Those are not cheap. Nice going.

Very nice. A couple of our local bbq stores carry those and I've checked them out pretty closely. One of the shops was cooking on one one day and it seemed to be working pretty well.

Cool. I would be interested in what you think about it after you have had it for a bit. I have been looking at those for a while now, but haven't pulled the trigger.

Looks really fun.

I've been a bit obsessed with the idea of cooking over wood lately.

Thanks guys. I guess I have to get used to cooking over coals instead of a roaring fire, except a roaring fire is more fun :icon_smile_tongue:

I've had one for two seasons now. I really like it when conditions are optimal. I love love love grilling thick steaks and tri-tips on it. It turns out THE best grilled meats IMO. Starting off with the grate elevated gets you low heat and lets the wood burn down and by the time its ready to sear the wood has turned into coals. Perfect.

But, the above only happens on calm days. Wind really screws with this grill. My other big complaint is that if you rotate the grate off center, your food drips on your patio.

It is a great way to get into grilling over wood, but it has only made me want a Santa Maria grill even more.

Back