Pickled Pig Style Chicken Pron

campdude

Babbling Farker
The chicken turned out fantastic. Had a little trouble getting up to 300 degrees fast enough. Pics of it coming of the grill, dipped in sauce, the table, a plate, and a clean bite. It was well worth all the prep. Looking forward to doing it again.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Looks good. IS this the recipe that sat in a vinegar mayo solution for a couple of days?
I may have ya confused with another poster. Sorry If I do.:confused:

what is in the middle of the plate?
It all looks good to me!
Did you remove the bone from the thigh?
That's a piece of jalpeno bread that my wife picked up at the bakery.
Yes I deboned and trimmed, scraped the skin, put back together, and cooked.

hi i've been using this method too! i pack each thigh in a mini loaf pan to keep uniform shape during the braising process. also, use an ice cream scooper with a flat edge to scrape the fat rather than a razor.

hi i've been using this method too! i pack each thigh in a mini loaf pan to keep uniform shape during the braising process.
I've seen the "cupcake method" on TV. These held together very nicely during braising. I had them prepped an put them back in the frige for about an hour while I prepped the rest of the meal and made fire (had a beer too!). I think this step helped them firm up a bit.

Hey Campdude, did you scrape the skins the way Paul does? I tried it once and it was such a huge pain I didn't think it made that much of a difference to warrant the extra work.

What are your thoughts?

Hey Campdude, did you scrape the skins the way Paul does? I tried it once and it was such a huge pain I didn't think it made that much of a difference to warrant the extra work.

What are your thoughts?
I scraped the skins with a 7 inch chef knife. It was a huge pain. I held the edge of the skin with a paper towel so I could grip it. I got about 2 cups of fat off the skins of 16 thighs. I think it was worth it. It took about 2 hours of prep start to finish to take the skin off, de-bone, trim the meat, scrape the skin, season, and put back together. Not an everyday type of prep but very a tastey and tender finished product.

Back