MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Welcome to The Brethren > *Welcome to Our Humble Abode* New member forum.(Read-Only)

Notices

*Welcome to Our Humble Abode* New member forum.(Read-Only) Welcome to The BBQ Brethren. An Online community dedicated to the art of Low and slow. Look here first to see who we are and how we do things.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
Rick's Tropical Delight
** Permanent Timeout **

Default Copying photos *ADMIN NOTE - an example of what not to do **

ADMIN NOTE: THIS SITUATION HAS BEEN EASILY RECTIFIED, AND THE THREAD MOVED TO OUR RULES SECTION AS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN COPYING MATERIAL.

PLEASE BE COGNIZANT WHEN COPYING MATERIAL, COPYRIGHT OR NOT. GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE AND WHEN UNKNOWN, AT LEAST STATE THE SOURCE OF THE MATERIAL. IT IS ALWAYS BEST TO GET PERMISSION FOMR THE AUTHOR.

it's been brought to my attention someone has been posting my photos on another forum, a photography forum. you do not have permission to post my stuff anywhere and especially without asking first. why do you think i put my name on them? it is NOT so you can copy and post them because you "thought i might like my talent to be more widely appreciated".

my stuff is stock photography at best anyway. if i want to have my "talent" more widely spread, i will post my photos where and when i want to spread them. i choose to post here and only here at the bbq brethren forum.

you want people to see my stuff, send them here and they can view qtalk as a guest.
>>>>>> http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

thank you
Thanks from:--->

Old 07-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
Meat Burner
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Rick, the brethren get soooo much enjoyment from what you do. It would Pi$$ed me off big time if someone is gangstering your photos. That is real cool that you want them on this forum so I hope all the brethren will let you know if they see them somewhere else. We appreciate you brother!!!

NB Bandera with mods
Weber 22 .5" x 2, 26.75" x 1
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ
Created "The Great Spam Revelation of 2011."
www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111155
Old 07-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
Saiko
is Blowin Smoke!

Wasn't me! I never mess with images!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."
Old 07-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
smokeythebama
On the road to being a farker

Not cool. If I see them you will be the first to hear about it.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiko View Post
LMAO!!!!

Seriously....that ain't cool Rick. I don't really spend much time at all on any other website, but if I do....you can bet yet A$$ I'll let you know.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Sorry to hear that, Bro! Do you know who it is?

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Old 07-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #7
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Sorry to hear that, Bro! Do you know who it is?
Agreed.. not cool.. hopefully it was not intentional. I think it would be best for the person to go unnamed in public and for RTD to work with the person via PM to resolve.

We certainly don't want to lose future great pics from RTD over something like this..
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
peaspurple
is one Smokin' Farker

Rick, you have some of the best pics on the forum. I hate to hear about them getting pirated like that. Good luck tracking those bstrd$ down!!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #9
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Rick I look forward to your posts/pics. I hope this does not continue. That is a total lace of respect
Old 07-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
ljh34465
is one Smokin' Farker

ok, I am the bad guy that posted Rick's pictures somewhere else - with their copyright signature - they were not "pirated" - they were posted with his copyright signature with all credit given to him. And not on a forum, just to some people on the forum.

I was delusional, I thought posting his pictures, with all credits, for some of my friends, would exemplify just how great the photograpy was on the Brethern. I am really sorry to have been BAD-

Rick and I had a little altercation - I really thought we were over that but guess that is my misunderstanding.

I will not post any of his photos anywhere - it is my friend's loss - the photography is awesome but there is no way I would risk Rick not posting his photos.

Sorry I may have just barged in here and created turmoil - not my intent- I was just really impressed and wanted to share - NOT pirate - all of my friends got the photos with Rick's copyright/signature so I am not sure what the problem is

But I do know, I upset him - for that I am sorry - was not my intent and I sure hope he does not punish me/us by not posting any more pics

This was the ultimate good intent gone awry - sorry....................
Old 07-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #11
sampson
is one Smokin' Farker

ljh34465, forgiveness is on Rick, but I respect you for speaking up and admitting the action. Hopefully you guys can work things out...

And RTD, dude, your pics are a big part of making this sight so different from many of the others. I really empathize with your frustration, please don't let this one incident leave to sour a taste on your otherwise well seasoned palate...
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]KCBS Member and CBJ[/FONT]
Old 07-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
swibirun
is one Smokin' Farker

Rick, as someone struggling to become a better photographer, I
1) completely understand your concern and
2) hope you keep posting because I analyze almost every pic you do to learn lessons from them. I wonder what fstop you used, what lens, how did you use the natural light's angle, did you add a little post production work, whatever, I just don't want to pester you with all my questions unless I have something specific.

And ljh34465
While I think you should have asked permission first, I do respect you coming clean and calling "mea culpa" in public.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
NewEnglandQ
Full Fledged Farker

These days, we are lucky if information is not hacked and stolen off of our computers. Once we publicly post something out to the internet (any forum, website, blog, etc...) it is unreasonable to think that it is copyrighted and wont be shared. If these pictures were of value they would have been copied in mass production in China and distributed with fake licenses. Rick, you should be flattered that these pictures are being shared and everyone needs to relax a little, I don't see any major crimes being committed here...
Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #14
jrb03
Full Fledged Farker

I have to agree. Posting something on a public internet forum makes it fair game. It's not like he claimed them to be his own. Isn't that why you spend the time to watermark them?

Pitmaker Vault
Pitmaker Grill-Meister

Backwoods Party
Backwoods Chubby

Weber Performer
WSM
Weber Smokey Joe Gold

Good Riddence
Peppercookers Trailer Offset
Chargriller Tailgate Grill
Old 07-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #15
blues_n_cues
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Tropical Delight View Post
it's been brought to my attention someone has been posting my photos on another forum, a photography forum. you do not have permission to post my stuff anywhere and especially without asking first. why do you think i put my name on them? it is NOT so you can copy and post them because you "thought i might like my talent to be more widely appreciated".

my stuff is stock photography at best anyway. if i want to have my "talent" more widely spread, i will post my photos where and when i want to spread them. i choose to post here and only here at the bbq brethren forum.

you want people to see my stuff, send them here and they can view qtalk as a guest.
>>>>>> http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

thank you
just so ya know rick- especially w/ yer tag on them- anytime you post something on the net, that is considered published & copyrighted- sue their arse. watermark them too- saiko just pirated ya...(no offense saiko- it's just that easy)
hell.. i'd offer to feed ya to do some pics of mine but ya prolly outcook me too....

Last edited by blues_n_cues; 07-13-2009 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: hehe