MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:51 PM   #1
snoqualmiesmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Props to Rocks Barbque

Just passing on a great experience with Rock. Ive dealt with them since the launch of the original Stoker, used it extensively, upgraded to the wifi, have 10 probes and 4 fans. Ive run 3 pits effortlessly, in competitions, and at my house. I love this thing. Using StokerX for a mac, i got this thing pushing notifications, tweeting, etc. But alas......

Last week, my Stoker wifi (V1) started acting up, rebooting and dropping signal, etc. drove me crazy! I contacted Rock and he ask I send it back. I sent and he told me it was dying, and most of the parts for those are extinct. He then told me he would send me a new one. I can't even remember when I bought this thing. But he replaced without hesitation.

Today I received it.

This is my 3rd Stoker. I have the original white box still in operation (used it today), loved my original wifi.

But this new unit? Damn, it is fast. Its software and speed are much improved. Set up was simple and without a fuss. Its monitoring my room temp as I type.

Just wanted to say thanks publicly to Rock. Ive had the opposite experience with products, so when a small business guy steps up when he didn't have to, I want to tell everyone.
snoqualmiesmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 10-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #2
jeffh
Got Wood.

Wow, that is some great service! I've been considering upgrading my grill/smoker setup, and an 18.5 WSM with a Rock Stoker is definitely on the list!

Old 10-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #3
lkissell
On the road to being a farker

I'm am a long-time Stoker owner, and I've had similar experiences with their customer service. I left my original Stoker outside over night during a heavy rainstorm, but I wasn't worried because it was in a plastic box.

Well, the lid on the box cracked, so the box filled completely with water, leaving my Stoker submerged for hours. Not surprisingly, it wouldn't turn on even after drying it.

I sent it to Rock for repair, and he basically replaced most of the internal components for about $30! That old Stoker is still working to this day, and I have a new box to protect it.

I was very pleased with the minimal cost to repair my Stoker after it was damaged because of my mistake.

Great product, and a great company.
Hunsaker Drum
lkissell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2016, 10:09 AM   #4
jeffh
Got Wood.

Follow up question for the OP: you mentioned you had your pit setup for twitter - what was your handle? I've always wondered what this would look like!

Old 10-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #5
Norm
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Private

That's nice to have a great company to work with.

As an aside I've spent many a day in your area... yes I am jealous!
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #6
snoqualmiesmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
That's nice to have a great company to work with.

As an aside I've spent many a day in your area... yes I am jealous!
Awesome!
STOKER 2
STOKER WHITEBOX
OKLAHOMA JOE LONGHORN
STUMPS PLATINUM
SUPERIOR SS1
[url]jjbbqcompany.com[/url]

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-02-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
snoqualmiesmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
Follow up question for the OP: you mentioned you had your pit setup for twitter - what was your handle? I've always wondered what this would look like!
here it is:

https://twitter.com/thepittemp

I think the Stoker software has a twitter function, but i use the StokerX. Much simpler.
STOKER 2
STOKER WHITEBOX
OKLAHOMA JOE LONGHORN
STUMPS PLATINUM
SUPERIOR SS1
[url]jjbbqcompany.com[/url]

Thanks from:--->

Tags
smoker, Stoker, stoker wifi, wifi