• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Thoughts on the LSG Pellet grill

1Gradymaci

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just looking but usually end up buying, what the thoughts on the long star grilz pellet rig, do you think there is a better made in the USA built ,,If so let me know.
Not interested in any grill not made in the USA, My Hastybake, Hunsaker, and Moberg would not have it..

I’ve seen a little on the LSG and would jump on it if it scratched the itch. Currently my Mak 2 star is my superstar grill.. jack of all trades. It grills,smokes and sorta bakes…

I’m not crazy about the cleanup on a PG but when I wanna cook it’s so easy to get going and monitor remotely.

Yes there is a better made USA one. As someone who has owned LSG, Assassin, Gator Pit and more, the Gator runs circles around the LSG (at least on the ones I owned). My buddy just went through the same decision and we drove down to check out in person both LSG and Gator for himself and the Gator is absolutely superior in fit, finish and overall robustness. He placed an order for the Gator Pellet.

I am NOT saying anything bad about LSG. Only that in my personal actual experience as an owner, the Gator is superior.

Last edited:
Has anyone that ordered one actually got it yet?

1 person in the LSG owners and fans facebook group got his earlier this week and posted a few pictures but nothing as far as cooks go yet. He picked his up so I'd imagine the ones that shipped out will be getting them next week.

Yes there is a better made USA one. As someone who has owned LSG, Assassin, Gator Pit and more, the Gator runs circles around the LSG (at least on the ones I owned). My buddy just went through the same decision and we drove down to check out in person both LSG and Gator for himself and the Gator is absolutely superior in fit, finish and overall robustness. He placed an order for the Gator Pellet.

I am NOT saying anything bad about LSG. Only that in my personal actual experience as an owner, the Gator is superior.

So you have gotten or cooked on a LS pellet vs Gator pellet?
I’m not interested in there offset, I feel I got the best one of those in my opinion.

What model gator pits have you owned? I've been looking at them and LSG.

So you have gotten or cooked on a LS pellet vs Gator pellet?
I’m not interested in there offset, I feel I got the best one of those in my opinion.

I've owned more than Gator offsets. I'm talking about quality of build and fit and finish. Again - I'm not putting down LSG. My personal opinion after having owned multiples from both companies is Gator is a superior product. <shrug>

If you feel you got the best one, then you got the perfect one for you and that's all that matters. I'm confused though as your post said you were just looking - I didn't think it said you bought one already.

I've owned more than Gator offsets. I'm talking about quality of build and fit and finish. Again - I'm not putting down LSG. My personal opinion after having owned multiples from both companies is Gator is a superior product. <shrug>

If you feel you got the best one, then you got the perfect one for you and that's all that matters. I'm confused though as your post said you were just looking - I didn't think it said you bought one already.

Sir, you need to slow down and read before you type..
The post is about pellet smokers. I asked a question not a statement about pellet smokers because I Do Not own one.

Sir, you need to slow down and read before you type..
The post is about pellet smokers. I asked a question not a statement about pellet smokers because I Do Not own one.

Sure - I'll type this slowly then for you. Maybe it will make you feel better.

I read your post. I offered my opinion on the companies as someone that has owned them both. In my personal experience Gator is a superior to my LSG's in every way - fit, finish, attentions to detail, robustness of metal and parts, etc. etc.

This clearly has upset you that someone has a different opinion than you. And to that I say have a good day and I suggest you don't ask opinions next time.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Gator pit looks to be pretty large and sturdy but a one year warranty on the hopper and PID controller pales in comparison to the MAK's lifetime warranty. The max temp of 450 is also not as high as MAK's 600. Full disclosure: I've never gotten above 590 on my MAK 1 Star.

Gator pit looks to be pretty large and sturdy but a one year warranty on the hopper and PID controller pales in comparison to the MAK's lifetime warranty. The max temp of 450 is also not as high as MAK's 600. Full disclosure: I've never gotten above 590 on my MAK 1 Star.

MAK makes nice stuff.

I read your post. I offered my opinion on the companies as someone that has owned them both. In my personal experience Gator is a superior to my LSG's in every way - fit, finish, attentions to detail, robustness of metal and parts, etc. etc.

This clearly has upset you that someone has a different opinion than you. And to that I say have a good day and I suggest you don't ask opinions next time.

Have a great day!

I feel fine.
Tell us your opinion then on the Gator PELLET smoker and the LSG PELLET smoker as folks have not had the opportunity to cook on either one especially the LSG.. I cannot have a favorite if I have never felt seen or cooked on either, therefore the Post I started..Remember You said I had a favorite.. Not Me.
Have a Great Day Sir..

I feel fine.
Tell us your opinion then on the Gator PELLET smoker and the LSG PELLET smoker as folks have not had the opportunity to cook on either one especially the LSG.. I cannot have a favorite if I have never felt seen or cooked on either, therefore the Post I started..Remember You said I had a favorite.. Not Me.
Have a Great Day Sir..

What a waste of time trying to repeat myself so you can comprehend. LOL Thank you for making me laugh today. :)

Appreciate the others that know how respond, I do know about the MAK and Pit Boss Pellet smokers and they might be just as good since I have never owned a Pellet type Grill.
Thanks

Have a great day!

I feel fine.
Have a Great Day Sir..

Appreciate the others that know how respond, I do know about the MAK and Pit Boss Pellet smokers and they might be just as good since I have never owned a Pellet type Grill.
Thanks

Back