Game Changer Brine and Injection

frognot

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I won a bag of Oakridge Game Changer Brine and Injection by posting in this thread: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292299&highlight=game+changer

I injected a pork butt with Game Changer and apple juice and cooked it on the Egg using B&B Lump charcoal and some pecan wood. Temp was mostly 275 but crept up to 300 when adding another chimney of charcoal. Wrapped it in foil when I liked the color (IT was 165) and cooked until IT was around 200. Let it rest and pulled it.

My wife commented that something was different but thought it was the rub (I used Meat Church Honey Hog) and I really liked the taste (kind of unami savoriness) and moistness of the meat. Served it with coleslaw and Blues Hog Tennessee Red sauce.

Looking forward to using the rest of the Game Changer as a brine for some turkey breast and was definitely impressed with how the pulled pork turned out.

Also received a bag of Oakridge Santa Maria and need to find a tri-tip to use it on. Thank you Mike at Oakridge for this excellent product and thank you IamMadMan for making this survey.

Attachments

• IMG_2605.jpg
    IMG_2605.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_2581.jpg
    IMG_2581.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2595.jpg
    IMG_2595.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_2602.jpg
    IMG_2602.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 246
Uh, nice butt, Charles? I feel so wrong saying that, but those pictures make it feel right!
Glad to see you're cooking and enjoying solid food again brother. Eating like that, you'll be back to your old self in no time.

Looks awesome frognot!

I won a bag too, and was going to use it this weekend, but life got in the way, and we are still working on finishing up a pork butt from a couple weeks ago. I'm going to give a butt a go with the brine, and I'm going to mix up some injection per the package for a couple yardbirds on my new rotisserie.

It’s a very aptly named product. I have a bunch of grass fed beef that can be dry as dust, if you’re not careful. About a month ago, I did a sirloin roast that I had brined in GC. I expected to be disappointed but it was very, very good. I’ve since brined a couple of whole chickens in it and they have come out very moist and tasty - even the one I overshot the temperature on a little.

Just ordered another bag.

^^^one great thing brining does is give you a bigger window for finish temps. At one Bash, Sir PorkaLot - who may or may not have had a few adult beverages - cooking a pork loin past finish temp. He had hit it with Harvest Brine, so it was still farkin killer - moist, juicy, everything you want. I became a firm believer after that.

Anyway - the matter at hand - great looking cook, Charles! Glad to hear yer eating is getting back on track! Never tried GC but it's looking like I should.

I won a bag of Oakridge Game Changer Brine and Injection by posting in this thread: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292299&highlight=game+changer

Also received a bag of Oakridge Santa Maria and need to find a tri-tip to use it on. Thank you Mike at Oakridge for this excellent product and thank you IamMadMan for making this survey.

The Santa Maria Seasoning goes great on almost anything..... Grilled vegetables, corn on the cob, burgers, and my wife even uses it in the kitchen; soups, summer salads.

Back