Scored a BS pizza oven

Thanks for the tips Richard. The cover is on its way, ordered today. Are you using the original stone? The one with this unit is broken in half. I intend to place my 16" stone on the broken one (or just use my 16". The igniter appears to be inop. Likely I will disassemble and see what's wrong. As for the peel, I bought a green egg aluminum one when I started to make my own pies some months past. Have been thinking about upgrading but have not decided yet. The peel works ok with cornmeal or semolina but the remnants on the stone after the first bake start to burn and cause my pies to be charred looking. Not happy about that. With the rotating stone in this oven I may be able to clean the stone between bakes. To be seen.

George,

For the past year I've been using parchment paper. No corn meal or flour. Also you can line them up to go into the oven back to back. It's cake once you get the hang of it. Easy peasy and no mess or burnt flour, cornmeal.

uUY6sBqh.jpg

vFnc7Rkh.jpg

QnVLuQnh.jpg

vmqZ68nh.jpg

Crust from the last cook

Km8ogyph.jpg

I use this 16" American Metal peel to launch and take out

1873228.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the pizza oven. I have the same one and love it. I use cornmeal too and it does burn. I've gotten in the habit of taking the top off and cleaning the stone before each use. I usually just scrape the burned bits into the bushes nearby.
As for the stone, I don't think I'd put your 16" stone on top of the broken one. Just use your 16" if that is the correct diameter.
It'll take a little time to get used to the timing on the oven. I tend to preheat mine for quite some time on low, maybe 15 minutes, then crank it up when the pie is ready to go in.

I used semolina- a small amount on the peel..like ball bearings.

Now that would be a sight to see - you riding on a BS oven till the wheels fall off. :heh:

You may need a more powerful motor to get up hills and such, though. :wink:

Only going to ride around in the backyard with it Richard. Should be fine.:becky:

Back