MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:16 AM   #31
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Piney View Post
You seek The Grail.

That thin blue has a lot to do about fuel. Not every load of fuel is equal. It's not the cooker.
Indeed. As is said, it's not what ya got, it's how you use it.

If you are not getting the result you want look at what you are burning and how and then adjust. I get the impression that you want perfection and you want it right now. I believe you have said you want to compete. My advice would be cook, cook, cook , trying different ways until you get close to what you want then dial it in with small adjustments. I don't think a piece of equipment is going to do it for you.

PK Classic Grill
Broil King Signet 320 Propane
Good One Open Range over & under

Last edited by Mikhail; 04-23-2021 at 10:23 AM..
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-23-2021, 05:11 PM   #32
jkief
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Jeffry

I think the issue is with the title. The cleanest burning smoker will be the pellet smoker. I’ve learned from my comparison of the MAK and Yoder, not all are equal. Flavor profile is not the question of the OP. That’s completely user dependent.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:48 AM   #33
mph33
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkief View Post
I think the issue is with the title. The cleanest burning smoker will be the pellet smoker. I’ve learned from my comparison of the MAK and Yoder, not all are equal. Flavor profile is not the question of the OP. That’s completely user dependent.
whick pellet smoker do you prefer... yoder or mak?
mph33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2021, 07:51 AM   #34
jkief
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Jeffry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mph33 View Post
whick pellet smoker do you prefer... yoder or mak?
If I had to pick one right now, I’d say MAK for sure. But to be fair, I had the MAK for 4 years so I know how it cooks and what temperature it likes for certain food. Still figuring out the Yoder and what temp, time it likes. I’ve also been playing with Yoder’s damper to see if it really makes any difference. The MAK puts out more smoke flavor. On certain things, that’s perfect. Others, it could actually over smoke. With the tests I’ve been doing, I’ve learned anything with sugar rubs on it will create a tougher bark on the MAK if cooked at same temp and time as Yoder. Not sure why, though. Hopefully today’s chicken test will tell me more!