dang it all

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Woke up this morning and the foot was a little wonky, actually, the pain woke me up at 5am. But, I can suffer through it, yes I can. I put a corned beef on the kettle, it is locked in at 250F, foot is ringing in pain by noon, and no drugs in the house. Had to call cousin for help, I hate asking for help. But, all it no lost...

Cause I am eating a fattie and fried egg sandwich, nice and crispy after heating on a griddle...I am happy and foot pain be D*mned! Ain't nothing as good as a Egg McFattie Sandwich :-D:-D:-D

I thought I started this in the Woodpile, no? This is some good pain killer :becky:

Well, George, I doubt it is like the pain you have from your back. It was your back right?

the deal is, I injured it playing golf, I thought I could drive the green on a 280 yard par four, which meant I could pull even on my bet. Anyway, I pulled it way left into the tall TALL grass. I then was frustrated and stomped into the grass until I stuck my foot into a gopher or ground squirrel hole and really damaged a bunch of stuff. The next day, I was headed for a meeting, and I normally wore western boots with a riding heel, when I hit a stepping stone that was not anchored well, did more.damage. By then, I had torn ligaments, tendons and muscles from the lower calf down to the metatarsals. Essentially, I could be disabled if I wanted to be. But, even better, it refuses to heal due to damage to my arteries and veins in the right hip as a result of radiation poisoning when things went awry with a poorly written software program when I was dealing with cancer. So, now they think it will never heal fully. I don't make a big deal of it, but, sometimes, a fattie and egg sandwich just makes it all feel better. :becky:

BTW, Dan, the reason I have never mentioned it or asked for prayer etc...is that my personal belief does not include the idea of asking for things that would make my life softer or easier. I am not one to complain, and quite frankly, life is pain, if you let the little things get to you, then everything becomes a burden. I probably should not have been betting on golf or been so proud that I thought I could pull off an incredible shot. Pride goeth before the fall, eh? Farking squirrels!

the deal is, I injured it playing golf, I thought I could drive the green on a 280 yard par four, which meant I could pull even on my bet. Anyway, I pulled it way left into the tall TALL grass. I then was frustrated and stomped into the grass until I stuck my foot into a gopher or ground squirrel hole and really damaged a bunch of stuff. The next day, I was headed for a meeting, and I normally wore western boots with a riding heel, when I hit a stepping stone that was not anchored well, did more.damage. By then, I had torn ligaments, tendons and muscles from the lower calf down to the metatarsals. Essentially, I could be disabled if I wanted to be. But, even better, it refuses to heal due to damage to my arteries and veins in the right hip as a result of radiation poisoning when things went awry with a poorly written software program when I was dealing with cancer. So, now they think it will never heal fully. I don't make a big deal of it, but, sometimes, a fattie and egg sandwich just makes it all feel better. :becky:

BTW, Dan, the reason I have never mentioned it or asked for prayer etc...is that my personal belief does not include the idea of asking for things that would make my life softer or easier. I am not one to complain, and quite frankly, life is pain, if you let the little things get to you, then everything becomes a burden. I probably should not have been betting on golf or been so proud that I thought I could pull off an incredible shot. Pride goeth before the fall, eh? Farking squirrels!

Wow, Bob...a golf combined with a SQUIRREL related injury??? Really? You ARE the Brethren extraordinaire, if you ask me. ;)

As far as not asking for prayers, that's okay. And...you're right..life is pain - or full of it, anyway. However, not to hijack any further, I would say, if Jesus teaches us to pray for ourselves (which He did) as well as others, it's okay...as long as it's not a selfish, sinful prayer, like..."Dear Lord, let me have Bob's fattie sandwich right now" :)

I sure hope you put a slice of cheese on that egg & fatty muffin. That's my soul food breakfast almost every morning. Just seems to make the day go by easier.

Good luck with the bum foot. Those kinds of injuries take a long time to heal. Cheers!!!

My doc used to be a trainer for the CAL football team and assisted with the 49ers, she said in her 7 years doing that, she never saw a worse soft tissue injury. Woohoo! I couldn't be a professional athlete, but, I can injure myself like one...

You are a freakin' mess :violin:

pastrami has been on the kettle now for almost 6 hours, getting close.

What time is dinner :hungry:

WHERE'S THE PICS?? You know what they say....aaaahhhh never mind...
I would love McFATTIE! I hope you feel better Bob!
Take pics when your foot turns green, that would be cool!:sick::razz:

Sorry the foot is bothering you, Bob. A nice fatty sandwich makes everything better :) Now follow that up with a pastrami Reuben and all will be right in the world!

the deal is, I injured it playing golf, I thought I could drive the green on a 280 yard par four, which meant I could pull even on my bet. Anyway, I pulled it way left into the tall TALL grass. I then was frustrated and stomped into the grass until I stuck my foot into a gopher or ground squirrel hole and really damaged a bunch of stuff. The next day, I was headed for a meeting, and I normally wore western boots with a riding heel, when I hit a stepping stone that was not anchored well, did more.damage. By then, I had torn ligaments, tendons and muscles from the lower calf down to the metatarsals. Essentially, I could be disabled if I wanted to be. But, even better, it refuses to heal due to damage to my arteries and veins in the right hip as a result of radiation poisoning when things went awry with a poorly written software program when I was dealing with cancer. So, now they think it will never heal fully. I don't make a big deal of it, but, sometimes, a fattier and egg sandwich just makes it all feel better. :becky:

BTW, Dan, the reason I have never mentioned it or asked for prayer etc...is that my personal belief does not include the idea of asking for things that would make my life softer or easier. I am not one to complain, and quite frankly, life is pain, if you let the little things get to you, then everything becomes a burden. I probably should not have been betting on golf or been so proud that I thought I could pull off an incredible shot. Pride goeth before the fall, eh? Faking squirrels!

Holy Hickory, were you sober when all this happened? Stay off of the foot and keep it elevated. You might also avoid eating rich food for a while. You don't want to get Gout in the other foot.

No gout, been tested. Just a screwed up wheel. No, I was sober, and we were playing for breakfast.

Woohoo! I couldn't be a professional athlete, but, I can injure myself like one...
Sounds to me that you can do it better :becky:. Sounds like breakfast was the bomb, followed by some good drugs. For my back, I prefer a good bottle of wine instead of those narcotics they prescribed for me :thumb:. I feel your pain brother, hope you feel better soon.

Back