MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-03-2022, 02:32 PM   #1
brenster21
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : brenster21
Default Tailgating tables

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good portable tables for tailgating with. Preferably I would love to get him two tables that fold up well, so they don't take up much space in his car, that he could use to put his grill on (either his charcoal grill, or his portable propane one), keep his utensils, condiments, and drinks clear, and serve with. Right now he is slowly getting order so bending over is starting to get a bit harder so I figured a table that he could prop the grill on would be perfect.

So does anyone have any experience with the lifetime 4 foot/5 foot tables, GCI folding tables, or those metal folding tables I see on facebook/amazon?
brenster21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2022, 04:06 PM   #2
NoNotTheDuo
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Scott

I used to tailgate at soccer matches quite a bit and drove a 2005 Nissan Altima. Everything I needed fit into my trunk. We used a 6' plastic fold up table: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-6-F...White/46368979.

One trick to increase the height, if needed, is to cut 4 PVC pipes and set the table legs inside the pipes. Like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIzXg4ewqr0

I'm not sure plastic with a charcoal grill is the best option, but might give you some ideas!
NoNotTheDuo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-03-2022, 04:06 PM   #3
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

I have a bigger/heavier version of this one, I believe
https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-28...ith-grill-rack

Mine is probably 6 or 8 ft long, and folds again half. I'm a big, strong, young(ish) guy, but it is heavy and unwieldy.

The one above is probably more reasonable. I just use a gas grill to tailgate, but the foldout metal shelf for the grill is awesome. I probably get 2 or 3 people a year asking me about it.

Ours came from Sams Club, but it's probably close to 10 years old.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-04-2022, 06:25 AM   #4
Fooball
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

Search "grill table" on Amazon and there are all kinds of options that fold up nicely.
Fooball is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2022, 07:23 AM   #5
pmad
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

Mine is probably 6 or 8 ft long, and folds again half. I'm a big, strong, young(ish) guy, but it is heavy and unwieldy.

The one above is probably more reasonable. I just use a gas grill to tailgate, but the foldout metal shelf for the grill is awesome. I probably get 2 or 3 people a year asking me about it.

Ours came from Sams Club, but it's probably close to 10 years old.
I have this one. I love it.
The metal part holds my 17" Blackstone or any portable grill well.

Old 10-04-2022, 09:33 AM   #6
SweetHeatBBQnSC
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Joedy

I have a Lifetime foldable table and an Academy fold up 6' table. The academy is far superior to the Lifetime one in my opinion. However a good point is the charcoal grill on a plastic table. Maybe you could get a metal buffer between the two or something.
Isaiah 41:10-Chunky Dunks BBQ-Competition Team
Propane Whole Hog Cooker
Grill Master Gasser--(Deceased)
Weber Kettle 22"(Hoyt)
WSM 22.5"(Bertha)
RecTeq 590(Fancy)
Blackstone 17" griddle
O.G. Barrel Charcoal Grill--(Chicken Graveyard)
Clemson Orange Thermapen Mk4
SweetHeatBBQnSC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2022, 01:52 PM   #7
BDAABAT
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Bruce

Quote:

We had a couple of these that we used for our Scout troop. Unfortunately, the stoves that we had didn't fit on the metal grate (the feet from the gas stoves didn't line up with the metal grid). Might want to check that whatever cooking implement you were planning on placing on the metal grid actually fits correctly.

And, the Scouts were not uniformly successful setting up/taking down the tables correctly. The result? Tables lasted ~ 3 years of monthly outings before totally falling apart.

YMMV. Just sharing our experiences.

Good luck!
Bruce
Blackstone pizza oven
Blackstone 36" griddle
Weber gas grill
BDAABAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2022, 02:41 PM   #8
Fooball
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDAABAT View Post

And, the Scouts were not uniformly successful setting up/taking down the tables correctly. The result? Tables lasted ~ 3 years of monthly outings before totally falling apart.

YMMV. Just sharing our experiences.

Good luck!
Bruce
Ha! Hey you know 3 years of 12 times a year ain't bad for those tables.

Kudos to you for volunteering with the scouts.
Fooball is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2022, 03:55 PM   #9
Markov
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

I use this one from amazon. It fits a blackstone 22" perfectly and pretty much any other travel grill. The top main section is metal.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U9BHKM6...roduct_details

Old 10-04-2022, 03:57 PM   #10
PitRow
is one Smokin' Farker

I have this one for my blackstone. https://amzn.to/3fwq6em (same one as Markov)

The top is aluminum and fits the 22" blackstone perfectly. Four side tables, plus storage underneath and it folds up fairly small. And there's an elastic strap on one of the end tables to hold a roll of paper towels that's super handy. It's much taller than a standard table so it makes cooking on the griddle a pleasure, I have back problems so stooping over for even a few minutes causes pain. This I can stand completely upright and cook without any issues. It's great.

Old 10-05-2022, 12:39 PM   #11
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

I like the looks of that one. With having rails for legs is it steady on uneven ground?

I might replace my other one with this!

Old 10-05-2022, 03:25 PM   #12
Markov
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Quote:
With having rails for legs is it steady on uneven ground?
That is a potential downfall. I've only used it on pavement or soft grass in which it worked well, but coarse stone might be a problem.

Old 10-05-2022, 06:48 PM   #13
PitRow
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
I like the looks of that one. With having rails for legs is it steady on uneven ground?

I might replace my other one with this!

Yeah that is a bit of a downside. Usually not too much of a problem, but on bumpy ground and scraping the griddle hard it does wobble around. I’ve been kicking around the idea of stealing some 1x4’s to the bottom for increased stability. But 90% of the time it’s not a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
grilling, tables, tailgating