Best Flavored “Heat”

Clay-b-que

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I like my food a little spicy but not crazy. I had some habenero death dust on my Mac and cheese for lunch (thanks for the idea Smoke Dawg!) and it was just spicy and really didn’t have flavor per se. I also use jalapanoe powder and it is pretty similar. What are some ways you get spice AND flavor and what is your go to for heat and flavor?

Add some Habenero powder to some SPOG till you get the flavor you want.

Larry

Palo Alto firefighters pepper sauce brings some heat and great flavor too. And it's a good cause.

When you want to spice something up and add a bit of flavor?

Hot Salt of course!

0b42852f6076248b3eeb65249210c1ed.jpg

135ff3c8d4dd15a5cb82493f43969501.jpg

I was gifted some Fletcher's several months ago and it's turned out to be my favorite. I'm not fan of really hot food, you can add more if you like it hot. This sauce has a great flavor. imo

Eo2C8xt.jpg

lamb at the lake...

ClhaUCl.jpg

I probably use chipotle powder the most. Super deep flavor and heat (not crazy hot though). I have jalapeno powder I like too and sriracha also has both great flavor and heat.

If you can find it, Bill's Homegrown Heat is great on almost anything. Not crazy hot like Carolina Reaper powder but it will get ya with a ton of flavor.

Different peppers have different flavors, but some companies mix other ingredients, thus you are not getting the flavor of the pepper itself.

I get my best flavors from pure ground New Mexico Chilies (mild) and then add some Chipotle Morita (slightly hotter than Jalapeno). This gives me the best flavor with a medium heat. Aji Amarillo also has a great flavor, but much hotter.

Your best bet is to stick with pure ground Chilies.....

https://www.oakridgebbq.com/shop/bulk-spices/

https://www.spicesinc.com/t-chiles-and-hot-peppers.aspx

That's an easy one to answer. We often use a chile powder blend from Pendery's called Temper, Temper. They understand flavor, and this one packs some heat. The catalog description is: Explosive! Handle with care. Cayenne, black pepper, habanero , jalapeno. Use sparingly, but when you do, you'll be glad!

qfCccrJ.jpg

I probably use chipotle powder the most. Super deep flavor and heat (not crazy hot though). I have jalapeno powder I like too and sriracha also has both great flavor and heat.

When you posted this the wife was at the store so I called and she got some chipotle powder. I put it on my burger with seasoned salt, lemon pepper and worsteschire. It was awesome!!! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to ordering the Pendreys too.

I think HDD has toooons of flavor, but everyone's palette is different. Its my go to chicken wing seasoning. I think it's well balanced but I'll be blowing my nose when all is said and done for sure.

When you posted this the wife was at the store so I called and she got some chipotle powder. I put it on my burger with seasoned salt, lemon pepper and worsteschire. It was awesome!!! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to ordering the Pendreys too.

If you are making a Penderey's order, try some of their Worcestershire powder, it's a good addition to your arsenal.

I do love straight habanero powder because it does just add heat to whatever other seasonings I am using. That said,love the habanero death dust. And if you are including hot sauces, Melindas has some really good ones that have solid flavor.

https://melindas.com/

Depending on what I'm cooking I use Sucklebuster Texas Gunpowder, Chipotle Powder, or MeatChurch Honey Hog Hot.

For an “off-the-shelf” this stuff is pretty good. Their Habanero Garlic is also good with a little stronger heat profile.

It’s easy to find too. I actually got this at Wally World.

VR,
Harold

207ddbf9fc364ea95871c078ebbcaf1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back