Caster upgrade for Lang 84- help

CentralOhioBBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The stock caster on my Lang sucks. The subtlest moisture in grass and it buries itself. On pavement, it’s not as mobile as it should be.

After researching, it seems they don’t make tire wheels for jack casters. So, a little after market welding/ customization seems like he only option. Any ideas?

I need a 2’ Pipe fitting for a caster like this, to fit on this. Suggestions?

Attachments

• 88CFDC7F-9BA1-479B-8D79-1FB36C48BD64.jpg
    88CFDC7F-9BA1-479B-8D79-1FB36C48BD64.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 9E406566-7373-4E92-8D22-1D1ADAF1CA22.jpg
    9E406566-7373-4E92-8D22-1D1ADAF1CA22.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 137
Thanks for the links. I've been looking to upgrade the wheels on my offset but didn't want to do a hack job on it. Etrailer has got the stuff.

That is perfect. With a quick pull pin, get two of them. One for a tire to roll and another with a plate that will sit solid, not roll, and not sink in.

Yep, you've got an 84. You know the pains of the small stock caster they come with.

That is perfect. With a quick pull pin, get two of them. One for a tire to roll and another with a plate that will sit solid, not roll, and not sink in.

If it were mine, I would just put two locking casters on it. Much easier than lifting the smoker to change to a plate. For the sinking in, just cut some squares out of plywood, and park your wheels on them.

If it were mine, I would just put two locking casters on it. Much easier than lifting the smoker to change to a plate. For the sinking in, just cut some squares out of plywood, and park your wheels on them.

it's not just about sinking in. It's a mobility issue, esp on grass.

Yep, you've got an 84. You know the pains of the small stock caster they come with.

Mine is almost always on a concrete pad, so it hasn’t been a big problem for me. With the trailer style, it would be pretty quick to block it up and switch a wheel for a plate when I want it on grass, or to not roll on me, and then swap back when I want it to roll. Thing is, I have never tried to move it without hitching it to a truck first, so I probably wouldn’t need a wheel option at all.

it's not just about sinking in. It's a mobility issue, esp on grass.

I said caster, but I meant locking pneumatic tires. I agree completely with your idea. I was responding to m-fine saying to swap out a plate, to keep it from rolling/sinking. I was just saying you can get locking pneumatic tires, that would keep it from rolling, and the plywood would keep it from sinking. After moving my ys640 around, I am sold on pneumatic tires.

Back