McRib 2020 Edition (V1: McRib Pizza)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So it's the most wonderful time of the year :becky:. With the McRib coming out this week (Wed at my locations) I have been thinking about how to use this amazing culinary invention for 2020.

One idea i've had is getting a bunch of McRibs, dehydrating, grinding to powder and using as a seasoning on regular boring ribs :mrgreen:. Another is doing a bacon wrapped brisket where I also fully wrap the brisket with McRibs before the big bacon weave. Last idea (and there could be more) was to do some form of McRib dessert like a milkshake or even a cheesecake that the wife can help with........

But for today sometimes simple is better, mostly because I'm being lazy :shocked:. I'm going to get somewhere between 5-10 McRibs and just make pizza with them. I'm not sure what that means, but should be as simple as taking dough I have smearing McRib sauce on it and then adding delicious McRib meat and cheese.

I think that is the way I'll go and then try something more elaborate later on.

More to come today, but here are the 2 concoctions I made last year.

McRib Quadruple Down

McRib Sausage

Well, this was a tease. I'm ready to view some McRib pizza (actually sounds like an intriguing idea).

Oh yeah!!

Can't wait to see genius?? this thread will produce!

I like the cheesecake idea.

How about some sort of cake with a McRib surprise in the middle.

Kind of like an ice cream cake gone wrong...??

Im not sure what I look forward to more. The actual McRib or your posts about it.....

Oh yeah! This is going to be good. I think I'd have to throw some pickles and onions on too to round it out.

I had a couple of ideas pop into my head while reading your post:

1. McRib Wellington with sauteed onions and pickles in place of the mushrooms and a bunch of McRibs in place of the boring old beef tenderloin. Then, post baking, drizzled with McRib sauce when plated
2. A McRib layered casserole. Sauce on bottom, bun layer, pickle and onion layer/more sauce, micrib layer, bun layer, pickle layer and so on then top with cheese and bake.

I've been inspired and will hopefully report back with more uh wonderful ideas

Oh yeah! This is going to be good. I think I'd have to throw some pickles and onions on too to round it out.

1. McRib Wellington with sauteed onions and pickles in place of the mushrooms and a bunch of McRibs in place of the boring old beef tenderloin. Then, post baking, drizzled with McRib sauce when plated
2. A McRib layered casserole. Sauce on bottom, bun layer, pickle and onion layer/more sauce, micrib layer, bun layer, pickle layer and so on then top with cheese and bake.

The pickles and onions will also be redistributed on the pizza :twitch:. Might turn the buns into garlic cheese bread.

I like that wellington idea! Use some cheap store croissant rolls.

I did a eggplant parm type casserole 2 McRib seasons ago and it was really baller
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266381

Should be heading out in a few hours to snag the ingredients from McD's after the lunch rush.

Reading your ideas after Jason's ideas one popped in my mind (not as creative as y'alls). Cutting Mc Ribs up into baked beans or pork and beans. Sounds pretty good to me.

The pickles and onions will also be redistributed on the pizza :twitch:. Might turn the buns into garlic cheese bread.

I like that wellington idea! Use some cheap store croissant rolls.

I did a eggplant parm type casserole 2 McRib seasons ago and it was really baller
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266381

Should be heading out in a few hours to snag the ingredients from McD's after the lunch rush.

The cheap croissant rolls give it the perfect combination of a lowbrow and highbrow. Brilliant!

I have it!!

McRib Monte Cristo!

Dip the whole McRib in batter and fry the whole thing, dust with powdered sugar.

Do it. Do it.

Last edited:
Ok so 5 McRibs and 2 large fries. Should have gotten 3 large fries as one didn't make the 2min car ride home :-D (freaking love those fries).

I should have gotten 5 more just to put then in the dehydrator to see what kind of jerky they make. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Also snagged some libations that should compliment such a high end pizza.

I get my egg setup for later, though it is raining here a bit. Might not need that extra class of BGE making and could just toss it in the oven. We shall see. Probably eat around 6pm. Can't wait to see what my kids do :becky:

TusStUhl.jpg

kuRk8Zfl.jpg

qKMpy38l.jpg

J4s84MXl.jpg

cr8px3ml.jpg

Ok so 5 McRibs and 2 large fries. Should have gotten 3 large fries as one didn't make the 2min car ride home :-D (freaking love those fries).

I should have gotten 5 more just to put then in the dehydrator to see what kind of jerky they make. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Also snagged some libations that should compliment such a high end pizza.

I get my egg setup for later, though it is raining here a bit. Might not need that extra class of BGE making and could just toss it in the oven. We shall see. Probably eat around 6pm. Can't wait to see what my kids do :becky:

TusStUhl.jpg

kuRk8Zfl.jpg

qKMpy38l.jpg

J4s84MXl.jpg

cr8px3ml.jpg

7Iw6Xds.gif

Back