chefman316

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Good afternoon Brethren,

I got a green light to start a thread about my team, Axe-Men BBQ, looking for additional sponsors for next season.

We are a team based out of the northwest suburbs of Chicago. We just finished our first year doing competitions, and after doing 6 contests, we already received over 7 top 10 calls. Next season we are planning to do about 8 contest in total (not including a Jack or Royal which we will also do after a GC win).

Most of our competitions are in the Midwest around Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Iowa. We currently have some smaller sponsors, but are open to anything including equipment, smokers, trailers, protein, seasonings, small wears, canopy tents, cleaning supplies, entry fees, cash donations, or anything in between.

Including all of our personal outlets, we have a great social media and networking presence in which to promote your product, brand, or company. We are more than happy to provide some links and analytic data to support our outreach. I have personally been in the food industry for over 15 years, so I am can review or demo your products as well. We can guarantee that your product/brand will be appropriately represented in a professional and positive manner and will make an agreement which will definitely benefit all parties involved.

Please let us know if you or someone you know would be interested in discussing this further. You can message me your info, and I will provide any additional info you need.

Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to seeing everyone at a BBQ event!

Axe-Men BBQ
Mike Haracz

You've only been here for 6 days, just give it time, this is only the beginning :biggrin1:

ps: Welocme
yea, you'll notice this jack@ss will take digs at me for my posts(whether you like what I say or not) yet turn around and do the same. Hypocrisy must run rampant on the west coast.

But back on topic, my post wasn't to offend, just stating the obvious. you are just one of several thousand teams in this country who want sponsors, I highly doubt anyone ever threw serious money at a random begging on the internet for sponsorship. The sponsors I have have come from long term business relationships that were established over a period of time. I'd suggest working on those.

yea, you'll notice this jack@ss will take digs at me for my posts(whether you like what I say or not) yet turn around and do the same. Hypocrisy must run rampant on the west coast.

But back on topic, my post wasn't to offend, just stating the obvious. you are just one of several thousand teams in this country who want sponsors, I highly doubt anyone ever threw serious money at a random begging on the internet for sponsorship. The sponsors I have have come from long term business relationships that were established over a period of time. I'd suggest working on those.

HAHAH I am not offended at all and I knew the types of responses I would get...which means I will fit in quite well here.

But on a serious note, I wouldn't say my post was 'begging' :eek:)

I am new to this forum, and only been doing BBQ comps for a year...But I have been in the business for MANY years, and unfortunately it would be against company policy to use my current place of employment as leverage for sponsorship...so this isn't new to me, just want to do it the right way.

Mike, this is going to be a semi-hijack, so please accept my apologies...

Where is the McRib this year ?????
smileys-food-fastfood-051336.gif

1) Absolutely cool name for a blog
img_0897.jpg

2) What's the deal with the water in Lake Michigan, making everyone lose their hair. Below is a photo of a buddy from Chicago (Taylor Mitchell @ TSS Radio).
FVXHigzX_400x400.jpg

and let's compare it to ...
mph1.jpg

1) Absolutely cool name for a blog
img_0897.jpg

2) What's the deal with the water in Lake Michigan, making everyone lose their hair. Below is a photo of a buddy from Chicago (Taylor Mitchell @ TSS Radio).
FVXHigzX_400x400.jpg

and let's compare it to ...
mph1.jpg

Well thank you sir! I have not shown enough love to my www.nerdsteak.com blog as I should lately.

I started going bald at around 19 years old, but my stupid older brother has beautiful flowing rockstar hair. What a jerk he is!

Contact Pork N Podge Butcher Shop on Facebook. They are a custom butcher shop that sponors many of the top teams in the country but select a new start up team every year. They are currently accepting applications.

I dream about one day becoming Bonafide. It is even harder than becoming Historicfide‬. I've been beat by Helga's hand picked meats too many times to count.

My personal feeling is if you don't use the product, why have them as a sponsor? To have a sponsor, just to have a sponsor never makes sense to me. If you indeed are just using their product to have a sponsor,, how will it change your end product?

You really have 2 major options. Know someone to get a sponsor or win. Then you have the pedigree. Sponsors have a hard enough time with winning teams, never mind the teams that are champions of their block party. A ton of it has to do with name recognition.

Good luck. If you find any extra sponsors, let me know. I am semi-retired and will probably only cook the double header in Westmont and the Royal. Unless things change and I go back cooking on a full time schedule.

I'm semi-retired. I'm just going to park the rv in the lot, so I can have fun on Friday nights!!! OK, have *more* fun!!!

Back