MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
chefman316
On the road to being a farker

Lightbulb What are sponsors looking for...???

I have read plenty of post about the best way to contact a sponsor, but are they looking for anything in particular?

We are a new team, and we have had a bunch of top 10 calls already (no GC yet :o() but since we are a young team, we get a lot of visitors at contests and even more through our website and social media. Is that something that sponsors really pay attention to, or are they looking for just top performing teams?
[COLOR=sienna][B]Member: [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black]KCBS, NBBQA, IFT, Research Chefs Association [COLOR=#008000][B]CBJ#: [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black]80380[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][B]*Contact us for sponsorship opportunities*[/B][/COLOR]
[URL]http://axemenbbq.com/2015/12/14/axe-men-bbq-now-part-of-the-bbq-brethren/[/URL]
chefman316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Return on investment (ROI)

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Parker View Post
Return on investment (ROI)
ROI can mean different things to different potential sponsors; public impressions, brand awareness, direct referrals, direct sales. Best way (imo)is to ask them directly.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
chefman316
On the road to being a farker

So then if ROI is the driver, having multiple GCs is not as important as popularity and networking ability?
[COLOR=sienna][B]Member: [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black]KCBS, NBBQA, IFT, Research Chefs Association [COLOR=#008000][B]CBJ#: [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black]80380[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][B]*Contact us for sponsorship opportunities*[/B][/COLOR]
[URL]http://axemenbbq.com/2015/12/14/axe-men-bbq-now-part-of-the-bbq-brethren/[/URL]
chefman316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
Dan - 3eyzbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefman316 View Post
So then if ROI is the driver, having multiple GCs is not as important as popularity and networking ability?
Too many variables. But in short. 500 GC's and you can still be an arse that no one wants representing their company.

Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, The Grill Center, Grizzly Coolers, Make it Meaty and Natures Own Charcoal
Dan - 3eyzbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #6
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

All companies are different in what they are looking for. We only ask the companies whos product we use. We offer to promote their products in our classes, at our comp sites, on our website and social media pages, and most of all...we offer honesty, integrity, and loyalty...
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-14-2015, 01:40 PM   #7
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looking at this from the standpoint of a business owner, here are the things I would ask first.

1. Do I like you, and do I like your team?
2. Are you professional in presenting yourself?
3. What does your public presence and persona say?
4. How much money or product do you need?
5. What areas do you compete in, and how often do you compete?
6. If I am providing a food product, do I like what you do with it?
7. Last, do you win, are you competitive?

It's not to say that I don't care about sponsoring a winning team, obviously there is value to winning, however, as is the case in most businesses, how you present my product and name matters the most, and how you present yourself reflects my name once I become a sponsor. I wouldn't want to be associated with someone that does not reflect my values just because they win, nor would I want to be associated with a guy who makes mediocre food, but, approach and marketing is a lot about how you act and behave.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbq, beef, chicken, kcbs, pork, smoke, smoker, Sponsor