MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 12-22-2020, 08:12 AM   #1
jdefran
Full Fledged Farker

Default Asheville, NC suggestions?

Traveling there soon and would appreciate perspective on Buxtons, Luellas, Moes, Bonfire, etc.
jdefran is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2020, 09:46 AM   #2
PaPaQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Clyde

My daughter was in Asheville last weekend, Buxtons schedule

We are open for take out and delivery only, Tuesday-Sunday 11:30am-9pm.
Open Christmas Eve 12-6. Closed Christmas Day!
PaPaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
ShadowDriver
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marc

It was a couple of years ago, but here's our visit to Buxton Hall in Aug '18. - Link to another topic on The Brethren.

Cheers!
[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:45 PM   #4
ShadowDriver
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marc

I know it's not what you asked for... but a man's gotta eat Breakfast, right!?

http://www.biscuitheads.com

Biscuit Head is ridiculously good. If you go post-CV-19, you MUST try their version of Eggs Benedict. Otherwise, you're just NOT going to go wrong if you grab something to go.

Enjoy W NC... I miss that place dearly.... lots of memories.
[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:57 AM   #5
jdefran
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDriver View Post
Thank you! Your last observation about ribs/brisket/mac is enough for me to try a different place. Now if I need a beer and snack, this may fit the bill.

I will also look into the biscuit joint, we'll see if we can get the family outta the door on the frigid mornings.

Last edited by jdefran; 12-23-2020 at 08:05 AM..
jdefran is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #6
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

We did a little trip around Tennessee in October:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=286727

Asheville was one of our stops. They have a greatly reduced menu and they serve only take out. There are some picnic benches outside where we ate. The food was good as I recall and thought it would be good to go back when they were fully operational.

Moe's is a chain. I have not been to the one in Asheville, but have visited the one in Boulder a few times when I'm out that direction. They are one of the best BBQ chains that I have been to, but not great. From my experience, I would put them ahead of most of the Rudy's I've been to, but below Mission BBQ. Normally when I am there, they are out of several items on their menu, so my sampling is not extensive. :-(
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote