• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grilled Cactus

Aside from "because Jeanie did it", I am inspired. #1 because I have never made cactus. #2 if it is good, it will be a great great change from using bell peppers which to me are getting old. I like the addition of shrimp too!

I'm not a fan of cactus, HOWEVER Jeanie your post has me rethinking my decision. Job well done and the pics are outstanding.

Thanks! :grin:

Aside from "because Jeanie did it", I am inspired. #1 because I have never made cactus. #2 if it is good, it will be a great great change from using bell peppers which to me are getting old. I like the addition of shrimp too!
Thank you Jeremy! Hope you give it a try. You really can use any kind of filling that you like! :grin:

I’ve had cactus tacos before, and they were good, but those look amazing!!
Thanks so much Chad! :grin:

I'm not a fan of cactus, HOWEVER Jeanie your post has me rethinking my decision. Job well done and the pics are outstanding.
Thanks Bill! Good to see ya. :grin:

Don't know how I missed this one but gotta bump it for anybody who missed it too.

Totally amazing cook!

Don't know how I missed this one but gotta bump it for anybody who missed it too.

Totally amazing cook!

Thanks Charles! Hope you're having a great weekend! :grin:

thanks frognot....i missed it

cowgirl - great job as always! what inspired you to try stuffed nopal?

thanks frognot....i missed it

cowgirl - great job as always! what inspired you to try stuffed nopal?
Thank you Orangeblood!
The cactus are a nuisance in my pastures. I make jelly and wine with the fruit and cook the pads in a number of ways. I also make a lot of Chile rellenos. Seemed like a good idea to try the pads stuffed. Lol I like the way they turn out!

Incredible cook from start to finish, Jeanie!

Not sure which looks better - the stuffed "cactus pads" or the corn quesadilla/taco thingies.

Really good to see you posting here again. Hopefully I'll follow suit soon as well...

Great seeing you post Jen!!!!! i have neve heard of eating cactus but i assure you i could eat a huge helping of your posted cook.... get strong!!! stay safe!!!! and cook more cactus!!!!

I just discovered her blogs today off another thread. I built a cinder block pig pit but she built one and topped it with her own smokehouse, etc. Love her vivid pictures. Pretty incredible. I’m sure others have been enjoying her posts for years. Thanks for your posts Cowgirl!

Incredible cook from start to finish, Jeanie!

Not sure which looks better - the stuffed "cactus pads" or the corn quesadilla/taco thingies.

Really good to see you posting here again. Hopefully I'll follow suit soon as well...

Thanks so much Richard! Those taco thingies disappeared fast. lol
Hope you all are doing well!

Great seeing you post Jen!!!!! i have neve heard of eating cactus but i assure you i could eat a huge helping of your posted cook.... get strong!!! stay safe!!!! and cook more cactus!!!!

Thanks Paul! Great to see you too! I saw where you brought in a lot of venison this season. Congratulations!
Hope you're keeping safe and healthy too! :grin:

I just discovered her blogs today off another thread. I built a cinder block pig pit but she built one and topped it with her own smokehouse, etc. Love her vivid pictures. Pretty incredible. I’m sure others have been enjoying her posts for years. Thanks for your posts Cowgirl!

Thank you Cueford! I still have the block pit but built the smokehouse in a different location on the farm. It's getting old, probably close to 15 or 16 years old.... but I'm getting a lot of use out of it. :grin:

Masterclass Jeanie, missed your cook threads, always learn something and the pron is always top notch. :hungry:

Back