MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:23 PM   #1
mcyork28
Babbling Farker

Default Creekstone Farms Packaging

Have a Creekstone Farms order that was supposed to be delivered today. Tracking says it's still a state away and won't estimate a new delivery date.

The package shipped three days ago. How many days do you think their packing will keep the meat from going bad?

Thanks,

Matt
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Passed on to a new home
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
mcyork28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2021, 06:28 PM   #2
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

I've had CF delivery as long as 5 days with no issues. If there is an issue their costumer service is great.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-23-2021, 06:31 PM   #3
gtsum
Babbling Farker

It will be ok. The last several orders I’ve made (received one today actually), they are now putting in a cooker bag with ice pack, inside the styrofoam coolers. It will be fine most likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2021, 07:58 PM   #4
Vader1959
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Eric

I try to order from suppliers that are close to my home. That being said, Creekstone delivers to me in one day, meat is frozen & dry ice is still in tact.
Vader1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2021, 08:29 PM   #5
Z1006
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Zach

I just received an order from them today. It was 3 days in transit, but everything was still completely frozen. I've never ordered meat online, but was impressed with the packaging. 6 large nordic ice packs and dry ice inside a lined bag/cooler. All of that was inside a styrofoam container, inside a cardboard box.

Definitely seems likes it would've stayed frozen a couple more days.
Z1006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2021, 08:32 PM   #6
Lynn Dollar
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : A man named Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1006 View Post
I just received an order from them today. It was 3 days in transit, but everything was still completely frozen. I've never ordered meat online, but was impressed with the packaging. 6 large nordic ice packs and dry ice inside a lined bag/cooler. All of that was inside a styrofoam container, inside a cardboard box.

Definitely seems likes it would've stayed frozen a couple more days.

Though I'm only 2 hours away from Creekstone, I got the same packaging and they've upgraded since my last order over a year ago.

I was really impressed at the expense they went to in packaging.
Lynn Dollar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2021, 08:36 PM   #7
MichPHX721
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Kelly

Nothing to worry about. Your good to go
MichPHX721 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2021, 01:49 PM   #8
mcyork28
Babbling Farker

Default Updated

My order was finally delivered today and to my surprise everything was still frozen. I don't think it had much more time though. A few of the racks of ribs were starting to get just a little bend to them.

Left Creekstone on Wednesday January 20th and delivered on Tuesday January 26th.

I bet the cold weather helped. Might not have had the same result in August.

Matt
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Passed on to a new home
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
mcyork28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2021, 03:08 PM   #9
Jlems
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Justin

They do a great job. You'll be fine. Winter helps even more!

Old 01-26-2021, 03:30 PM   #10
blackdogbbq21
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Paul

It will be fine. I had one order from them that got from creekstone to the local hub overnight. FedEx wouldn't deliver until it's delivery date even though i called and pleaded that it was a perishable package. When it was finally delivered i had no question that the brisket was still cold enough.
blackdogbbq21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2021, 07:31 AM   #11
Crispy Bacon
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Crispy

I’ll vent about my last order. I ordered the tri tip special. It was 3 tris per order. I placed 2 orders. Get them & the tris are small. I went to weigh them & they were about 1.5 pounds. I call & they say that they changed & the tris are smaller & you should get 4 per order instead of 3. It wasn’t changed on their site & they did credit me some money but if I wouldn’t have called, they would’ve just cheated me out of about $40. To me, that’s just dishonest business. They have logistics & know what they sent me.
Crispy Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2021, 07:43 AM   #12
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

Packaging is very good but even if something happens and it comes in bad, I imagine they will replace. Always had a good experience with their customer service.
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2021, 07:44 AM   #13
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Bacon View Post
I’ll vent about my last order. I ordered the tri tip special. It was 3 tris per order. I placed 2 orders. Get them & the tris are small. I went to weigh them & they were about 1.5 pounds. I call & they say that they changed & the tris are smaller & you should get 4 per order instead of 3. It wasn’t changed on their site & they did credit me some money but if I wouldn’t have called, they would’ve just cheated me out of about $40. To me, that’s just dishonest business. They have logistics & know what they sent me.
Try to keep in mind that mistakes are made sometimes. I HIGHLY doubt they would knowingly put their reputation on the line for $40.
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2021, 08:53 AM   #14
Curt.P
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrogers84 View Post
Try to keep in mind that mistakes are made sometimes. I HIGHLY doubt they would knowingly put their reputation on the line for $40.
Would that be their reputation for shady sales or bad customer service?
Curt.P is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2021, 09:06 AM   #15
Crispy Bacon
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Crispy

I’ll just say it was bad customer service. When I told them had I not checked & contacted them that I would’ve just been out of luck; they didn’t even bother replying to me. Even though a little expensive, I like their meat. I just think their service isn’t that great in my experience.
Crispy Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote