Creekstone Farms Packaging

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Have a Creekstone Farms order that was supposed to be delivered today. Tracking says it's still a state away and won't estimate a new delivery date.

The package shipped three days ago. How many days do you think their packing will keep the meat from going bad?

Thanks,

Matt

I've had CF delivery as long as 5 days with no issues. If there is an issue their costumer service is great.

It will be ok. The last several orders I’ve made (received one today actually), they are now putting in a cooker bag with ice pack, inside the styrofoam coolers. It will be fine most likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I try to order from suppliers that are close to my home. That being said, Creekstone delivers to me in one day, meat is frozen & dry ice is still in tact.

I just received an order from them today. It was 3 days in transit, but everything was still completely frozen. I've never ordered meat online, but was impressed with the packaging. 6 large nordic ice packs and dry ice inside a lined bag/cooler. All of that was inside a styrofoam container, inside a cardboard box.

Definitely seems likes it would've stayed frozen a couple more days.

I just received an order from them today. It was 3 days in transit, but everything was still completely frozen. I've never ordered meat online, but was impressed with the packaging. 6 large nordic ice packs and dry ice inside a lined bag/cooler. All of that was inside a styrofoam container, inside a cardboard box.

Definitely seems likes it would've stayed frozen a couple more days.

Though I'm only 2 hours away from Creekstone, I got the same packaging and they've upgraded since my last order over a year ago.

I was really impressed at the expense they went to in packaging.

Updated

My order was finally delivered today and to my surprise everything was still frozen. I don't think it had much more time though. A few of the racks of ribs were starting to get just a little bend to them.

Left Creekstone on Wednesday January 20th and delivered on Tuesday January 26th.

I bet the cold weather helped. Might not have had the same result in August.

Matt

It will be fine. I had one order from them that got from creekstone to the local hub overnight. FedEx wouldn't deliver until it's delivery date even though i called and pleaded that it was a perishable package. When it was finally delivered i had no question that the brisket was still cold enough.

I’ll vent about my last order. I ordered the tri tip special. It was 3 tris per order. I placed 2 orders. Get them & the tris are small. I went to weigh them & they were about 1.5 pounds. I call & they say that they changed & the tris are smaller & you should get 4 per order instead of 3. It wasn’t changed on their site & they did credit me some money but if I wouldn’t have called, they would’ve just cheated me out of about $40. To me, that’s just dishonest business. They have logistics & know what they sent me.

Packaging is very good but even if something happens and it comes in bad, I imagine they will replace. Always had a good experience with their customer service.

I’ll vent about my last order. I ordered the tri tip special. It was 3 tris per order. I placed 2 orders. Get them & the tris are small. I went to weigh them & they were about 1.5 pounds. I call & they say that they changed & the tris are smaller & you should get 4 per order instead of 3. It wasn’t changed on their site & they did credit me some money but if I wouldn’t have called, they would’ve just cheated me out of about $40. To me, that’s just dishonest business. They have logistics & know what they sent me.

Try to keep in mind that mistakes are made sometimes. I HIGHLY doubt they would knowingly put their reputation on the line for $40.

Try to keep in mind that mistakes are made sometimes. I HIGHLY doubt they would knowingly put their reputation on the line for $40.
Would that be their reputation for shady sales or bad customer service?

I’ll just say it was bad customer service. When I told them had I not checked & contacted them that I would’ve just been out of luck; they didn’t even bother replying to me. Even though a little expensive, I like their meat. I just think their service isn’t that great in my experience.

Back