• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bologna recipes & tips anyone??

Q*bert

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've got a comp coming up with a bologna contest after all the normal turn ins are over with. I'm planing on buying a chub to practice with, but since I've never done bologna before, I'm turning to the brethren for advice. Anyone ever do anything but score & smoke it? Rubs/Sauces/Glazes? Recipes? Tips? Ideas?
Thanks in advance:becky:

I dry rub it, smoke it, and serve it on cheap white bread with hot sauce and cold beer. MMMmmmMMMmmm.....

Diamond score
Slather w/ mustard & worcestershire sauce & a rub
low & slow until around app. 165°
Some at this point slice and then grill

If'n you are really brave, try to make a blooming chub! :biggrin1:

Good Luck!

I score it, roll it in the rub forcing rub between the score marks and smoke it at 220 until it's IT is 150 degrees. When it's about 135-140 I mix apple juice and Sweet Baby Rays 50/50 and slowly pour it all over the bolo using the brush to get it in between the scores. By the time it's 150 the light glaze has formed and it's ready to cut and serve. I stuck it foiled in the cooler with the pork butt today and it was still hot when served 2 hours later.

Diamond score with rub and I like carolina style sauce with a little sweet baby rays with it to mop on it right before you take it off. The vinegar goes really well with the bologna!

Slice thin
Fry it till crispy around edges
Stuff your bologna on to mustard layered white bread
The only other vegetable allowed in sandwich is crushed Frito's

Last edited:
Back