MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
Hugo
Full Fledged Farker

Default Habanero Death Rub rib

When I saw the Habanero Death Dust here I just HAD to have some!! I am very grateful for the warnings here and decided to mix my first try with Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction (40% HDD / 60% SMSS). I also made a Fatty just in case.

Fatty

Rubbing the ribs. I used Plowboys on one and SM Cherry on the other.

Also did an Onion with butter and salt in foil and some potatoes.

Fatty done

Ribs done, lets eat!

It was spicy, fark it was spicy! But a nice spicy, one that required an extra beer but didn't ruin your taste for the rest of the meal. Tomorow I'll try some on chicken and then won't mix... let's see if I'll survive that one :-)

Thanks from: --->

Old 10-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
morgaj1
is one Smokin' Farker

Man, that looks good!
morgaj1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Good to see your collection expanding!
Keep up the good work Hugo!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
deguerre

The HDD is some rightous chit! So is the SM and Plowboys too. When you do the chicken, just let it sit in the fridge a few days. We did that by accident but...Oh MY.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Nice! Beautiful fatty too! So you're gonna go HDD all the way on some chicken? If a mix of 40% HDD and 60% SMSS was farkin' spicy to you, might I suggest a 12 pack of beer to go along with it...and maybe some ice cream !
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
Hugo
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhot View Post
Nice! Beautiful fatty too! So you're gonna go HDD all the way on some chicken? If a mix of 40% HDD and 60% SMSS was farkin' spicy to you, might I suggest a 12 pack of beer to go along with it...and maybe some ice cream !
We'll find out in about an hour, their on the WGA now

Old 10-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
Hugo
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
The HDD is some rightous chit! So is the SM and Plowboys too. When you do the chicken, just let it sit in the fridge a few days. We did that by accident but...Oh MY.
I let it sit overnight and I'll try that first, I read what happens if you let it sit for three days...

Old 10-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Nice food!! Lovin' the fatty...and the ribs!!
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B]Humphrey's Pint[/B][/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Weber(Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, "Smoker Joe", 22.5" Kettles, Gasser, Q100, Q200, (2)22.5" WSM, (1)18.5" WSM (1) 14.5" WSM, UDS (Weber lid), Rib-O-Lator. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=black]BLACK[/COLOR][/B] thermapen...and a [B][COLOR=yellow]YELLOW[/COLOR][/B] one too!! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][I][B]Everything I cook is judged by SIX!![/B][/I][/FONT][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][B]Daddy and Me BBQ[/B] Competition Cooking Team[/FONT][/I]
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
Hugo
Full Fledged Farker

Default not a new thread

since it wasn't realy a cook, just did the chicken with HDD. Had them in EVOO and HDD overnight then dusted 2 with pure HDD and the other with the same mixture as the ribs...
Lets just say I won't have to have my sinusses cleared anytime soon... DAMN!! That stuff is !! But the bad thing is, it still tastes good. My lips are still burning as I just ate the chicken but I just had to share! Had to take some of the skin off from the HDD pure version... and had a glass of milk next to my beer... with this rub, I decided there is no shame in admitting this! The Pron:

Old 10-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
JasonBB
Knows what a fatty is.

right on i want to try that stuff !!!!
So on the ribs which came out better the SM or PB ?
JasonBB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #11
Billie
Got Wood.

Those look pretty nice ;) How's the flavor from the HDD alone?
Made myself a mixture from dried Naga, Habanero, Rawit, Madame Jeanette and Aji Umba (Ajoema)...Nice complete flavor, but have to be very careful not to overdo it

Old 10-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
deguerre

Nice chix! Spicy, huh? You were warned. We just did some thighs in the evoo/HDD and then pure HDD rub last night. I ate three. We had the broccoli with ranch dressing as a side again which really helped abate the full force of the rub's burning factor and allowed the intense flavors to really shine. I love this rub by itself, and also mixed.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog

Old 10-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
Phubar

Quote:
Nice chix! Spicy, huh? You were warned. We just did some thighs in the evoo/HDD and then pure HDD rub last night. I ate three. We had the broccoli with ranch dressing as a side again which really helped abate the full force of the rub's burning factor and allowed the intense flavors to really shine. I love this rub by itself, and also mixed.

Well.....don't tell me :"...I told you so Phubes!" Guerry!
I'm getting skeered of the HDD from the reportages on the fora's!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #14
Hugo
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBB View Post
right on i want to try that stuff !!!!
So on the ribs which came out better the SM or PB ?
Loved both, PB wasn't spicy but had a real nice flavour. SM was nice and sweet (love the cherry rub).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billie View Post
Those look pretty nice ;) How's the flavor from the HDD alone?
Made myself a mixture from dried Naga, Habanero, Rawit, Madame Jeanette and Aji Umba (Ajoema)...Nice complete flavor, but have to be very careful not to overdo it
HDD alone is a killer, taste is nice but a bit too for my taste. Flavour is nice but I'll mix in the future!

Quote:
I know, read the warning and still wanted to try . Guess I'm just a bit stubborn. I really needed the milk, beer alone wasn't enough (it usually is...). I'll mix it from now on to keep the flavor but tone down the burn a bit.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #15
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Midnight Smoker View Post
I know, read the warning and still wanted to try . Guess I'm just a bit stubborn. I really needed the milk, beer alone wasn't enough (it usually is...). I'll mix it from now on to keep the flavor but tone down the burn a bit.
I'm with you, but Redhot, well, she's a confirmed diehard on the pure stuff.