MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 05-20-2018, 06:13 PM   #16
Stingerhook
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marty
Default Reverse Sear Chop

Thai Chili Chop

And a link to the cook
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...72#post4000172
Thanks for looking

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2018, 01:27 AM   #17
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

This is my entry into the “Reverse Sear!” Throwdown.

Cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...39#post3996839

I then opened open the vents and let the Vortex go nuclear.

Once I thought it was like the sun, I put the steak on for 60 seconds.

Flipped it and let it cook another 60 seconds. Please use the picture below as my polling photo.

I brought this in the house and let it rest for 10 minutes. I then cut the rib bone off

and sliced it up into approximately 1/2" slices.

I now placed the slices onto a wooden cutting board for serving and squeezed some blue cheese and herb compound butter on the top.

I took this out to the table and we all served up a plate with the lemon garlic shrimp, baked potato and the heirloom carrots.

So good!

Thanks for looking.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:44 PM   #18
mchar69
Quintessential Chatty Farker

This whole thread is full of ridiculous cooks. Ho - Li - COW!
mchar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:02 AM   #19
tom b
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default It appears this is still open so...

smoked a tri tip on the offset, pulled at 123 and wrapped for 20-30 raised to 128 then a sear over the fire box please use the last image as my entry