Hello From AZ

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Been lurking here and other sites over the years...feel like this place suits me best. All seem like a good bunch of folks.

Age wise, I am leaning closer towards 40 every day. I've probably been grilling for 15 years or so, smoking for probably 14 ish. I honestly just love outdoor cooking, period. I'll do it year round (even in 110* heat). We tend to host family events a lot, so that's how I've cut my teeth throughout the years. My current lineup:

• Weber Kettle 22 circa 2010

• WSM 18.5 circa 2011 (recently purchased flameboss 500 for it)

• Camp Chef 24 DLX circa 2018; (recently upgraded controller, wifi antenna, door gasket, JERKY/RIB SHELF!, ignitor rod)

• Blackstone Pro Series 36" circa 2020

• Weber Genesis 2021 II E-330; replaced existing grill that came with house

• Blackstone Tailgater Griddle Grill combo 2 burner circa 2019; exclusively for camping now

Each one of my setups have their quirks, but they're mine and I'm told I cook good food on them :becky:. I'd love to introduce either a gravity fed or a super nice pellet grill/smoker, or even an offset to play with, but time and $$$ are not lining up at this current point in time. With a very busy family life, the charcoal cookers don't get nearly as much love as they should. I plan to remedy that a bit. Current smoker experiments include trying to maximize my pellet smoker "smoke flavor" (that's a whole 'nother thread altogether), experiment with different fuel types other than KBB (again, whole 'nother thread :-D ) .

As said before, this community seems pretty tight-knit and laid back for the most part. I will try and share what I can along the way. These "throwdowns" you guys do really piqued my interest! Just so happens it's pellet throwdown for the month, so without reading the official rules, I may take a swing at it.

K enough babbling; HI and looking forward to participating!!!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back