Brisket w/ Kosmo's Q injection

Blackened

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get a sample of Kosmo's Q beef injection. http://kosmosq.com/

This is my third brisket, and while the first two were tasty, they weren't as melt-in your-mouth tender as I would have liked.

A lot of that had to do with my inexperience with briskets, but I wanted to try something new..

This injection put me over the top. 3 lb flat, 4 hours in the smoke and 2 more in foil..

Very happy with the results..

brisket0045146631.jpg

brisket0065226783.jpg

Good lookin' eats right there! Hey Chris, how much Kosmo's did you use on that 3 pounder?

Good lookin' eats right there! Hey Chris, how much Kosmo's did you use on that 3 pounder?

I mixed up 3/8 cup to 1 cup of water, which is half the recipe on the package, but I only injected about half of that..

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like you are slicing it perpendicular to the grain of the brisket. That makes a HUGE difference in the tenderness factor. By the pictures it looks like you are at about a 45 degree angle instead of a 90 degree with the grain.

Last edited:
That looks like a pretty good cook to me! I almost picked up a small flat this morning but went with the chuck instead. Now you are seriously making me regret that decision.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like you are slicing it perpendicular to the grain of the brisket. That makes a HUGE difference in the tenderness factor. By the pictures it looks like you are at about a 45 degree angle instead of a 90 degree with the grain.

I see what you're saying.. Thanks for the tip..

Hey Chris, how much Kosmo's did you use on that 3 pounder?

I mixed up 3/8 cup to 1 cup of water, which is half the recipe on the package, but I only injected about half of that..

OK, now I understand :-D. I was just wondering how you managed to use the whole 3/4 cup mix + 2 cups liquid in that little flat :confused:.

Back