• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

SRF Black Grade Wagyu Brisket on the Large Egg

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I picked up a 17.48 lb SRF Black Grade brisket on Father's Day weekend and got a chance to cook it today.

DhWBzqa.jpg

QExI8zi.jpg

Got it trimmed and rubbed last night with some Rub Co Santa Maria and Q-Salt and onto the LBGE at 6:30 AM today with a little oak and cherry wood for smoke. It is sitting on top of the Woo ring and 10" cooking grid from my Mini Egg to help with fit.

TNXx5Oc.jpg

Bark formed up enough for me to wrap in butcher paper after these pics:

evWcAZF.jpg

SWyGGOP.jpg

Pulled it when the thickest parts of the flat were probe tender and FTC'd it for 3 hours before unwrapping and slicing

0rG3LYT.jpg

lskHSBI.jpg

XI0BLQL.jpg

J2eJiFf.jpg

It was quite tasty. Thanks for looking!

I hope I can find a SRF brisket at my local Costco. Looks like you nailed that cook.

I hope I can find a SRF brisket at my local Costco. Looks like you nailed that cook.

I hope they have them! Doesn’t seem like too many stores have them and it may just be for the 4th of July holiday. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Yessir! Looks great John. You scored those briskets.

I hope they have them! Doesn’t seem like too many stores have them and it may just be for the 4th of July holiday. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Thanks to you I was able to get a case yesterday. Thanks so much for your help. Now if I can only cook them, as good as yours looks.

Thanks to you I was able to get a case yesterday. Thanks so much for your help. Now if I can only cook them, as good as yours looks.

You're welcome. I'm glad that worked out for you! I'm sure your cook will be great.

Back