Shirley Fabrication on order

GoolsbyMD

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well I was a day away from calling Lang and ordering the 48 patio and maxing out my allotted budget but after reading so many reviews about SF I gave him a call and ordered myself a RF from him and his son. This will be my first stick burner and I went with a patio model with removable shelf, 2 slide out racks that measure 44" long x 22.5" wide (top slightly smaller), 3 therms (Im an engineer and transient temps and distribution are kind of my thing) two on each side of the bottom shelf and one up top, 3/8" firebox decided against insulated FB due to budget. Gonna be a big one for me and significantly under budget. I guess my first trip to Alabama will be worth it. Just gotta see if i can get my FL. Gator wife to come with me to pick up the new mistress. And now I wait. :heh:

Well I was a day away from calling Lang and ordering the 48 patio and maxing out my allotted budget but after reading so many reviews about SF I gave him a call and ordered myself a RF from him and his son. This will be my first stick burner and I went with a patio model with removable shelf, 2 slide out racks that measure 44" long x 22.5" wide (top slightly smaller), 3 therms (Im an engineer and transient temps and distribution are kind of my thing) two on each side of the bottom shelf and one up top, 3/8" firebox decided against insulated FB due to budget. Gonna be a big one for me and significantly under budget. I guess my first trip to Alabama will be worth it. Just gotta see if i can get my FL. Gator wife to come with me to pick up the new mistress. And now I wait. :heh:
Waiting is the hardest part trust me! But the end result is well worth it. Mine will be in transit now longer than I had to wait, just had a tease with her for a short while. Kinda like a conjugal visit, just sayin.......

Congrats!

Congrats. I'm out in CA but am thinking about ordering one as well if I can keep shipping at a reasonable amount. You made the right choice because my Lang 36 does not hold a candle to the build quality SF puts into their products. Plus even though Paul knows it's a long shot to make a deal due to shipping, he's still taking the time to answer questions and provide me with pricing. Class act.

Thats great. You will be very happy with that new smoker. This is the easy part. Wait until he starts sending or posting pictures. Thats when the real anticipation sets in. Mine was my first stick burner as well, I dont know about all of them but the Shirley Fab is very easy to run. Good luck and keep us updated.

Good choice, nothing against Langs 'cause they are great cookers too but Paul's & Tyler's work is hard to beat. You will be happy!

Back