Introduced a TN family to tri-tip :)

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hope y’all had a blessed weekend! I was able to cook up a mess of chicken and reverse seared tri-tip on the MAK (flash seared on the OTB) today. Had a family over that had never had tri-tip. Crazy how so many people outside of CA have never heard of it, or even if they have they have never tried it. Let’s just say that it was love at first bite. Sure is fun cooking for others :)

6f0c66c85bfa523cf630ac3f96fd8fbf.jpg

6b13a092fbdeaddc19a950f82a6bc5bb.jpg

5802d7f590b9b0d217a1f84f5ce806c7.jpg

Already spreading the Cali love!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

One of my favorite cuts of meat. I cook it at work and everyone always asks what it is. If you ever want a Tri-tip at a great price check out Hassell cattle company. They have one of the best ones I've ever eaten.

Introduced a TN family to tri-tip [emoji4]

:thumb: What'd they Introduce you to ? Moonshine ?

They were one of the first to introduce us to Southern Hospitality. People in the south take friendliness to a whole new level... quite a difference compared to where we came from... :)

Last edited:
You certainly gave them a reason to come back to visit. You are right about southern hospitality, it ranks up there with brethren spirit. Sure, there are a few out there that don't get it, but by and large, the good outweighs the bad.
Happy to see the welcome wagon was out.

Got some friends from St Louis that have never had tri-tip so will be introducing them soon.

Robb, That is one great way to make friends / neighbors! I am sure they loved it. Did they ask "Whats for dinner tomorrow?"

Nope, the trick is to feed them enough that they go into a meat coma. Saves ya money in the long run... :)

Man, I wish you were my neighbor. I've never had tri-tip. I've never had picanha either.

Back