The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:54 PM   #1
Beefcake
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Adam B
Default Traeger Timberline Rotisserie

Just curious if anyone has modified a Timberline to accommodate a Rotisserie. I am seriously considering it. Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #2
tom b
Babbling Farker

I'm not to sure I'm ready to put hole in mine but I'm interested to see what you come up with.
Traeger Timberline 1300, Built in Santa Maria Pit, Weber Performer Deluxe 22 w/CB Rotisserie, Blackstone Pizza Oven, Bayou Classic 36" offset, WGA, Smokey Joe, Akorn Jr., Wood Fire Barrel Rotisserie cooker
tom b is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #3
tom b
Babbling Farker

I just looked at mine, I think you would have to mount the motor in the hopper otherwise the spit rod would be riding pretty high in the chamber. But it is doable if you really want to cut up your cooker.
Traeger Timberline 1300, Built in Santa Maria Pit, Weber Performer Deluxe 22 w/CB Rotisserie, Blackstone Pizza Oven, Bayou Classic 36" offset, WGA, Smokey Joe, Akorn Jr., Wood Fire Barrel Rotisserie cooker

Old 01-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #4
Old Dave
Full Fledged Farker

Default Rotisserie

Would be very easy to put a rotisserie in that cooker. The motor would need to be mounted on the non-hopper side, You would need to use a small stand inside the cooker for the other spit rod mount. I have done two of these conversions but not to that brand of cooker but it would still work. The only drilling you would need to do is one 3/4" hole in the one side of the cooker. Parts needed would be a rotisserie motor, a spit rod with the two forks and a spit rod bearing for the other end mount, and a spit rod that is the correct length. The stand for the one side can be fabricated out of some loose metal parts or I have even done one out of a small metal book end. Easy Peasy
Old Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-14-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
Beefcake
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Adam B

Old Dave, sounds like a winning plan to me. I think I have my spring project identified. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #6
tom b
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dave View Post
Would be very easy to put a rotisserie in that cooker. The motor would need to be mounted on the non-hopper side, You would need to use a small stand inside the cooker for the other spit rod mount. I have done two of these conversions but not to that brand of cooker but it would still work. The only drilling you would need to do is one 3/4" hole in the one side of the cooker. Parts needed would be a rotisserie motor, a spit rod with the two forks and a spit rod bearing for the other end mount, and a spit rod that is the correct length. The stand for the one side can be fabricated out of some loose metal parts or I have even done one out of a small metal book end. Easy Peasy
or this

Old 01-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #7
Old Dave
Full Fledged Farker

Default Rotisserie

Mr. Beefcake,

If you need any help or where to get all the parts, just pm me and I can help you out. I would need the width of the inside of the cooker to make up a bill of material.
Old Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotisserie, Timberline, traeger