MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
Flatbroke
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Flatbroke
Default FireBoard set up.

Is there a trick to connecting to iPhone 6 Plus? Current on all updates but phone Bluetooth and FireBoard app can not find the FireBoard unit sitting a foot away. Just got the device yesterday.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbroke View Post
Is there a trick to connecting to iPhone 6 Plus? Current on all updates but phone Bluetooth and FireBoard app can not find the FireBoard unit sitting a foot away. Just got the device yesterday.
That is so funny, I just got mine yesterday as well. When setting up it will ask for you to add device, when it searches for the device it will look for the one that has power applied. and pull up the serial # from that device. click on that serial# and click on the + button. it should connect. hope that helps.
[COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Gray"]Weber Performer[/COLOR][/COLOR], Weber kettle red, Dual Weber Kettle table gold, UDS, [COLOR="DimGray"]East Texas Smoker RK250[/COLOR], Blackstone 36, Blackstone 17, GMG Trek, LSG Large IVC Candy Apple Red W/4WD and a 6.7L Power Stroke :biggrin1:
Pig_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #3
Flatbroke

I am impressed with FireBoard tech response***£

Email them after I couldn’t find the device in the app. They responded and requested my serial number. Apparently during testing before shipping they forgot to load the information that allows it to connect. They worked their magic and sent an email to try it Again. Low and behold the device appears and I’m off and running.

That being said, I was still able to use the device without connecting it to my phone. I just had to read the device to see it.

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-21-2018, 11:35 PM   #4
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

So they forgot to add the device to their backend? Interesting.
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #5
Flatbroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychilla View Post
So they forgot to add the device to their backend? Interesting.
I don’t know exactly. The FireBoard main unit was not capable of being discovered via blue tooth for initial setup. They were somehow able to correct it offsite with the serial number even though the unit had not been connected to WiFi and not paired with my phone or computer. I’m just glad they were able to fix it with an email.

They forgot to do something that allows the unit to be discovered. I wonder how they are able to update the unit over the Air without it being plugged in to internet. I am curious if they are able to track the unit too?

Old 07-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #6
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Without knowing how their specific setup works my SWAG would be they pushed the serial # to the apps access list and that would let the app see/talk to the device.
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2018, 10:30 PM   #7
Music Junkie
Full Fledged Farker

Had a similar problem on initial setup. Bluetooth worked right away, but wifi would not coonect. I went into the settings on the IPhone and turned my wifi off and back on. Found it right away. Since then, it connects no problem from where ever I am.
Music Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #8
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Fireboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Junkie View Post
Had a similar problem on initial setup. Bluetooth worked right away, but wifi would not coonect. I went into the settings on the IPhone and turned my wifi off and back on. Found it right away. Since then, it connects no problem from where ever I am.
Hi So once connected it stays connected. I had a hard time connecting my Wifi router,it would not accept my router password, finally after many tries Fireboard accepted the password. Now sometimes it loses connection with my router and I have to reenter my router password?
I'm under the impression once it does connect, it should stay connected.
I have been getting great customer service for Fireboard. I will called them tomorrow and discuss this with them.
Thanks DanB

Old 10-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #9
sleebus.jones
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : sleebs

Wow, I've never had any of the problems described here. I set it up once and it's been fine ever since. Sorry to hear you guys are having trouble.
-=<[url=http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265227]Cookshack PG1000[/url] | GMG Davy Crockett WiFi | GMG Jim Bowie WiFi | [url=http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246017]Cindy, the cinderblock reverse flow pit[/url] | Fireboard>=-
[url=https://dashboard.ambientweather.net/devices/public/d621760bf243b5f50d0f8503aba2bdca]The weather in Sleeb's backyard[/url]
sleebus.jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2018, 10:01 AM   #10
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : T.J.

I really wanted a Fireboard so I joined their Facebook group to see what actual users think. They seem to have a descent amount of issues, although customer service appears to be good and most users really like the product.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #11
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Fireboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC ‘Que View Post
I really wanted a Fireboard so I joined their Facebook group to see what actual users think. They seem to have a descent amount of issues, although customer service appears to be good and most users really like the product.
Hi Use only one time on my WSM 22" and it worked fine, kept pit temps right on. I'd love it more "IF" it stood connected. I just got it last week so there is alot for me to figure out..Customer service Fireboard has been great!!
DanB