• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My Name is Stlsportster and I Have An Addiction to Oakridge BBQ Rubs

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I already had 7 Oakridge spices in my regular rotation.

When I first joined the Brethren and was just learning my BBQ game, I followed some advice and bought an Oakridge Sampler pack. Just enough to try the rub. One brisket worth of Black Ops, a slab of ribs with Dominator, a pork butt with Secret Weapon, etc.

And from that I fell in love with 5 in that regular rotation. When SPOGOS and Smokey Chile Lime came out I added both to the lineup. So when kcmike posted the Black Friday cyber Monday deal for a discount and free shipping I ordered a new one (GameChanger Brine) and added some stock where I was low.

THEN I won the Thanksgiving Entree TD and Mike sent me 4 more 1lb bags that arrived today.

So I think I’m good for the winter.

BUT. If you’ve never tried these rubs you’re missing out.

$15.95 for 12 samples. https://www.oakridgebbq.com/product/vip-rub-sample-12-pack/

PLUS, there is a little known fact that Mike has an active discount for the Brethren...can’t remember the code but I’m pretty sure it’s 5% off anytime. Mike or someone will come along and post it if I don’t find it first.

View attachment 177132

So in summary....happily addicted!

Last edited:
I too have an Oakridge BBQ addiction....this isn't even all of it. I took this pic because I needed to remember what I already had or needed more of for the Black Friday sale :becky:

Same here. Love their stuff. I killed it this year with my Thanksgiving Turkey. I used the Game Changer Brine. I felt bad for the other dude's bird at the dinner. It never had a chance.

I bought a total of 30 pounds with the Black Friday deal.

I need to make my shakers look more legit like yours though...I'm over here with just a piece of tape on them and a Sharpie.

last year I didn't take advantage of free shipping and holiday deals. I eventually ran out and paid full price. this year I stocked up even though i already had a cupboard full.

they make great traditional style bbq rubs but they really shine in my opinion in their other rubs, mostly for grilling.

I've seen more folks recommend black ops than any other rub

Back