Moberg Backyard 24" x 50" on Sale Today

Bacchus2b

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
For those who are interested, Moberg put their new 24" x 50" backyard models with insulated firebox up for sale today at a similar price point to Mill Scale's 94 Gallon (24" x 48") and Franklin's 24" x 36". Not posting this to debate the merits of these pits vs. LSG, Shirley, or any of the other fine builders out there, just a PSA for those who are interested. I really like Moberg's designs and have been fortunate enough to play with a couple of his larger 500 gallon smokers.

Here is the email announcement I received today:

Happy Saturday BBQ Family! Today is the day!

Thank you for your interest in our Moberg Smokers Backyard model. We’re excited to announce our highly anticipated Backyards are available for purchase NOW! Secure your Backyard with a deposit today! Click here to submit your deposit.

Specs for our Moberg Smokers Backyard model:
50” x 24” backyard smoker
Insulated firebox
High temperature paint
Stainless shelf
1 door
1 Tel-Tru temperature gauge
Upper slide out
Full middle cooking grate
Under-storage
Large smokestack
Fully welded doors
5” casters
Drain

Price:
$3950 plus tax ($1000 deposit secures your order; balance due upon pick up)

How to order:
Please use this link to submit your $1000 deposit - https://checkout.square.site/buy/3VCK24L4XNCDR6FMX7Q2I4I5.
Deposit must be paid via credit card; balance may be paid via check, credit card or cash upon pick up.
Once your deposit is received, you will receive a receipt from the credit card processing company confirming your deposit. Moberg Smokers receipt will follow.

Additional Notes:
Backyard smoker orders will be filled on a first deposit received/first served basis.
The first batch of smokers will be ready for pickup during 2nd Quarter, 2020. (Wait time for each order will be determined by number of deposits received).
Customer is responsible for pick up from Dripping Springs, TX.
Moberg Smokers does not handle shipping. Moberg Smokers can provide contact information for our ‘white-glove’ delivery service if requested.
No customizations available – smokers come fully loaded.

Be sure to check out the photos attached.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance for your business!

Sunny Moberg
Moberg Smokers
www.mobergsmokers.com
512-589-9956
#gottagetamoberg

Moberg 24 x 50 Backyard by David Miller, on Flickr

Moberg Backyard Front by David Miller, on Flickr

Moberg Backyard Open by David Miller, on Flickr

Moberg Backyard Firebox by David Miller, on Flickr

I like!

Dumb question, but where is the air intake????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like that a lot !

Would like to see some pics of the stack end, though. Does it have a manifold/collector ?

Yeah, but from those pics, I don't see the " noodle " elbow. And it should be visible.

Is a "noodle" elbow just an S shaped elbow? At least from fire prone California - a cooker were you adjust temps by opening the firebox itself seems a less than stellar engineering feature.

Is a "noodle" elbow just an S shaped elbow? At least from fire prone California - a cooker were you adjust temps by opening the firebox itself seems a less than stellar engineering feature.

No, " noodle " is what I heard John Lewis call the elbow that Moberg uses, and they got that design from Lewis.

Its an over sized elbow with a reducer , (or what we called in the oil field, a swage ) on top of the elbow connected the vertical part of the stack.

Just google up an image of Moberg smokers and you will see what I'm talking about

I am a big Sunny Moberg fan, but when I got the email a week or so ago the first time they sent one my initial thought was this is underwhelming at that price point. I like the smoker, but it sounds like no customizations which increases productivity.

I'm sure function is amazing, but I feel like the market is too competitive at that particular size to overpay for a name on a smoker. Because imo that is what you are paying for, the name. Albeit, a great name. Can't wait for a brethren to get one and post up some pics!

I am a big Sunny Moberg fan, but when I got the email a week or so ago the first time they sent one my initial thought was this is underwhelming at that price point. I like the smoker, but it sounds like no customizations which increases productivity.

I'm sure function is amazing, but I feel like the market is too competitive at that particular size to overpay for a name on a smoker. Because imo that is what you are paying for, the name. Albeit, a great name. Can't wait for a brethren to get one and post up some pics!

For right now you can get a Moberg Backyard in 2nd quarter 2020 which means April - June. I checked with Mill Scale out of curiosity and they are taking 50% deposits now for backyards delivered in December of 2020.

I put my deposit in with Backline in January, and will be picking up in April. Insulated firebox, same "noodle" style exhaust, 24x60 and Ryan's custom competition cart for $500 more than Sunny. I'm not dissing Sunny's product cause I sure wouldn't turn one down, but I think the "backyard" market is hyper competitive right now.

I bet the 24x36 Shirley has more useable space. But, if anyone knows it's me, buy what you want. I've went through a smoker a year for the past 5 years. Buy what you want and makes you happy, not what anyone else says. This Moberg pit will make plenty of people happy.

Back