Yoder YS640

Kaptain Kadian

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was all set to get a smokefire, but with the dumpster fire they turned out to be, I started looking for other options. I came across a used Yoder YS640 with competition cart, stainless steel shelves, 2 piece diffuser, grill grates and something else for 2200. I sent him an offer of 1800 and he took it. So, I am supposed to go it Saturday. Is there any specific things that I would need to check out before I buy it or just load it up and run? It also has a custom sooner red paint job. BOOMER SOONER!
ee7bf1676443175a421219c9beeb3636.jpg

You better hustle over there before I get there (JK I wish I was closer). You’ve got about a 2.5 day head start on me :)

I’ve been researching the Yoder too and trying to decide between it and a mak.

I think if you go with the Yoder just be prepared to touch up paint a little. But that’s what I do on my Shirley from time to time and it’s really no bother at all.

Maybe just have him demo the WiFi on it it and start up?? That’s maybe what I would want to see. Run it up to 225*

Ha! I was talking with him as well! I will probably buy a new one with the WI-FI controller and no comp cart.

I'd jump on it. I scored a less than 2 y/o used one with identical specs as yours except silver comp cart for $1650. Guy even gave me the original cart, two spare fans and touch up paint.

Just look for rust spots and have the guy fire it for you with the plate or sear plate off to make sure it functions. That's about it. Even a little surface rust is fine since it's heavy gauge steel. Good luck!

71DqnEHh.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find. I’d order the stainless front drip guard if you are going to be doing much High heat cooking. And the trap door deflector plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back