• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lumberjack Hickory Pellets

I have never had that issue with them and might of set on the shelf to long or got a bad batch . I buy things at times and things are not what they used to be , :-D

ə, təff night for the Blues.

It occurred to me the phonetic spelling of Worcester might be Wustah in New England, but could also be Wustə in Old English or whatever.
So, do you have any funky spellings of BBQ terms with upside down letters or double dots over others?

They are my goto, Kingsford Hickory seems to smoke more at higher temps, not sure why or how but I get more visible smoke at 250. Price is my gripe about them

I think most of you are missing the main point of my OP:

Luhm-ber Jak hik-uh-ree pel-its pruh-doos a wuhn-der-fuhl smoh-kee fley-ver!

PBA XL has a large hopper. I have 3/4 bin of Kingsford Hickory and one five pound of same remaining. Aroma is fantastic, gets as much smoke on meat as any other pellets I have used.
Tacky surface by spritzing. I'm no expert and pretty much make it up as I go. One interesting remark I read is smoke sticks to damp- sticky surfaces easier and more abundantly. I seldom spritz but it does make sense to try if you're not happy with the smoke flavor you're currently getting

Bob, make sure you empty the firepot on your MAK every time with those. With LJ using bark, they are very ashy. I had a flameout on my MAK 13 hours into a brisket with them. Started with a clean pot and after 13 hours it was 1/2 to 2/3rds full of ash.

The Kingsford are also 100% hickory. Not sure on whether they use bark, but guessing they do as there’s plenty of ash with them as well. In the end, both should produce identical results.

CookinPellets also makes 100% Hickory, but they don’t use bark.

Bob, make sure you empty the firepot on your MAK every time with those. With LJ using bark, they are very ashy. I had a flameout on my MAK 13 hours into a brisket with them. Started with a clean pot and after 13 hours it was 1/2 to 2/3rds full of ash.

The Kingsford are also 100% hickory. Not sure on whether they use bark, but guessing they do as there’s plenty of ash with them as well. In the end, both should produce identical results.

CookinPellets also makes 100% Hickory, but they don’t use bark.

I remember reading about your flameout and it does seem like the LBH pellets do produce more ash than some brands. I don't think I've ever cooked on the MAK for longer than 7 or 8 hours. If I can ever afford to cook a brisket again I will probably use the PBC. Thanks for the heads up.

LJ Hickory is far and away my favorite. Need to try the Kingsford. I have went through many long cooks with my RecTeq and have never had any problems. I smoke my briskets and butts for around 17 hours on the pellet smoker.

Lumberjack Hickory has been my go-to for several years now. I've never had a flame-out on long ~16+ hour brisket cooks (FEC-100). Their Oak isn't bad either.

I get mine when BBQpelletsonline.com does a local group buy (you can get on a wait list and they notify you). I have no affiliation with them, they have great prices at the expense of having to buy a fair number of bags and having to go to a local pre-determined spot/time to pick them up.

In fact, anyone in SoCal might be interested; I was just notified they're ready to do another group buy for San Marcos (North San Diego). I dont need any as I've moved to a stick-burner and still have enough pellets for my occasional FEC100 cooks.

I tried a lot of pellets and lumberjack 100% hickory (mixed with 100% cherry) was my favorite. I always bought in bulk from bbq pellets online. Usually 1000lbs at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back