MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
thedirtman
Full Fledged Farker

Default DIRT sold at the BBQ Equipment Store

I went into one of our fellow Brethren's BBQ store yesterday. It is called The BBQ Equipment Store in Hampstead MD. It is about an hour away from my house. I went up their to coach my daughters select soccer game. On the way back, I decided to stop in there. What a great little store. I was blown away with all the great BBQ stuff that he has in this small store. It has everything you can think of that a real BBQ person would use. Not the crap like you see in so many other so called BBQ stores. This is the real thing. While I was there I was able to catch up with the owner Steve Rogers. Who is a great guy and he told me his Outlaw sauce just won a taste contest at an event on Saturday. He decided to carry all 3 of Todd's DIRT Seasonings, which he wanted to do back in November. I guess I had dropped the ball. If you get a chance, stop by and check out this store. He has got a website www.bbqequipmentstore.com. He carries some other Brethren's rubs and sauces like Plowboys, 3Eyes BBQ and his Outlaw sauces. All of which I strongly suggest.
Todd
thedirtman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Dan - 3eyzbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dan

I second that. A great store right in my backyard

Speaking of Dirt, I need to get some more of that stuff.

Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, The Grill Center, Grizzly Coolers, Make it Meaty and Natures Own Charcoal
Dan - 3eyzbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Speaking of Dirt, we did some smoked turkey legs with the Bayou Dirt yesterday that were fantastic! Gonna need to get some more...
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
thedirtman
Full Fledged Farker

I can only imagine how good those smoked turkey legs were.

Dan, I will see you in D.C. For the BBQ Battle.
Todd

Old 06-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
rescue_ranger
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks for the tip guys did not know they were close I see a road trip soon
[I]2 - [COLOR=blue][B]Char-Griller [/B][/COLOR][I][COLOR=black][COLOR=blue][B]Professional[/B][/COLOR] [/COLOR][/I]With offset[/I]
[I]2 -[B][COLOR=darkorange]Gold[/COLOR][/B] [/I][B]Weber 22 1/2" kettle, with therm- sear grate, ash can[/B]
[I]1 - [B]200gal[/B] smoker[/I]
[COLOR=green][B]Rescue_ranger[/B][/COLOR] also known by my fellow [COLOR=red][B]USMC[/B][/COLOR] clan as G-Bear :boxing:
rescue_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks Todd! We do have a small store with about 400 different products in stock. Also on Saturdays I cook out front on a Kamado Joe.

Here are some of the Brethren Items in the store. I hope I remember them all.

3 Eyz Rub
Plowboys
Kosmo's
Todd's Dirt
Chef Jim's Cookbook
Meyer Metal Works "Pepper Cookers and Air Dampers"

There are a few more that are on the way.

If you have a Brethren Product that you would like me to carry in the Baltimore Area let me know.
[B]The BBQ Equipment Store[/B]
[URL="http://www.BBQEQUIPMENTSTORE.COM/?sourceCode=bbq-brethren"]www.bbqequipmentstore.com[/URL]
[COLOR=red][B][COLOR=red][B]Proud 2015 Sponsor of Christmas City BBQ, Astro Pigs and Drilling and Grilling[/B][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR]No Thermapen Here, I have a Water & Shock Resistant Backlit Maverick PT-100BBQ
500 Gal Stickburner - Backwoods Gator, Red Kamado Joe, Primo Oval XL, Maverick Competition Smoker CS-55 and Many Others
5-0 BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
Dan - 3eyzbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Dan, I will see you in D.C. For the BBQ Battle.
Todd
Negative, not doing DC this year. I may stop over on Sunday though to shig

Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, The Grill Center, Grizzly Coolers, Make it Meaty and Natures Own Charcoal
Dan - 3eyzbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
flyingpig1192
Got rid of the matchlight.

Haven't made to the store yet but I've been eating Steve's BBQ for years. His sauces and rubs are all great. He is very outgoing and approachable.
flyingpig1192 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
thedirtman
Full Fledged Farker

Small store but worth the trip. I thought it was great. His wood and Themometer section was really great, along with all the other BBQ stuff.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
I can only imagine how good those smoked turkey legs were.
Here's a pic. Good stuff for sure!

[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #11
mrcranky
Knows what a fatty is.

This thread post motivated me to put in an order with BBQ Equip Store the other day.

I just got to say that the service was amazing. Within an hour of ordering, he called me to say that one of the products that I ordered is out of stock, but would be in within a couple of days. And, he wanted to know if that would be a problem, which it wasn't since I don't need the rub & injection for a couple weeks.

Just wanted to say thanks.

Looking forward to getting my order!
mrcranky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcranky View Post
This thread post motivated me to put in an order with BBQ Equip Store the other day.

I just got to say that the service was amazing. Within an hour of ordering, he called me to say that one of the products that I ordered is out of stock, but would be in within a couple of days. And, he wanted to know if that would be a problem, which it wasn't since I don't need the rub & injection for a couple weeks.

Just wanted to say thanks.

Looking forward to getting my order!
Your very welcome. We usually ship all orders the same or next day. A few of our Brethren Items sell very fast . Kosmo has a fresh order on the way to us!
[B]The BBQ Equipment Store[/B]
[URL="http://www.BBQEQUIPMENTSTORE.COM/?sourceCode=bbq-brethren"]www.bbqequipmentstore.com[/URL]
[COLOR=red][B][COLOR=red][B]Proud 2015 Sponsor of Christmas City BBQ, Astro Pigs and Drilling and Grilling[/B][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR]No Thermapen Here, I have a Water & Shock Resistant Backlit Maverick PT-100BBQ
500 Gal Stickburner - Backwoods Gator, Red Kamado Joe, Primo Oval XL, Maverick Competition Smoker CS-55 and Many Others
5-0 BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote