So there are no issues with leaving the cooker on the dolly while cooking? I'm so in on one of these if that is the case! I'm 6'4" so adding a little bit of lift to things wouldn't hurt either.

So there are no issues with leaving the cooker on the dolly while cooking? I'm so in on one of these if that is the case! I'm 6'4" so adding a little bit of lift to things wouldn't hurt either.

I have done it several times so far with no issues.

I can't see that there would be any issues leaving it on there since it's made of metal just like the original stand.

Had to look up what the green line in the flag meant. Have never seen it before aside from the fire/police red/blue. Very cool!

Yes, it represents US Federal Agencies. I'm retired Federal Law Enforcement. I wasn't aware they had it either until after I had received my replacement barrel with the holes drilled for these specialty badges but no badge was installed.

I called CS to find out what I could do about the holes and she told me they would give me a specialty badge and asked which one did I want. I told her I was retired Law Enforcement and she said she would send me the flag with the blue line. I was on their website a little later that day and happened to look at the barrels with the specialty badges and saw there was one for Federal Agencies so I asked to change it to that.

Thanks! I saw this one and another one that is silver but cost a little bit more. I might go with the silver but, either way, seems like a small investment for easier use.

I went to Kauai for two weeks starting on 7/27. Haven't cooked anything in nearly a month but have been tapped to do a brisket and a butt for a birthday party this Sunday. Looking forward to getting the PBC smoking again.

I’ve got some butts on the PBC this pm for a get together tomorrow. Should I pull them today or reheat the whole butts and pull them tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little late to answer but I would have pulled them today....

Not too late! I cooked two, but only wrapped one. The unwrapped cooked from 11:00am to 9:45pm! But, it was worth it! Pulled them together and it’s the perfect mix of moisture and bark.

Not too late! I cooked two, but only wrapped one. The unwrapped cooked from 11:00am to 9:45pm! But, it was worth it! Pulled them together and it’s the perfect mix of moisture and bark.

Oh good! Not sure how you will re-heat the pulled meat but I usually vac seal and reheat in hot, almost boiling, water.

Greg I do the same as Andrew. I get a pot of water boiling then once boiling turn the heat down and put the bags in, still frozen, and let them reheat for about 20 minutes. To me it taste better than when freshly cooked.

Thanks! I have been wanting one of these for a while (ever since Bob C Cue first "rolled out" his plastic one) but I wanted the lazy man's equivalent in metal. I ordered one and should have it for this weekend. I shall post pics.

Note that the plant dolly I use is metal but the wheels are plastic. I transfer it to the PBC stand when cooking because of the plastic wheels and it is not particularly stable on the dolly.

If you don’t mind sharing, what is the process you use to do this?

Sorry I'm late answering this but I do basically what Wes described. If the meat is not Frozen, I still do the same thing I just don't keep it in the hot water as long.
I also agree with him that you definitely don't lose any flavor doing this!

Contemplating a PBC purchase (and by "contemplating" I mean saving up some cash), and was just wondering if any of you farkers have done a beef tongue on the cooker. I figure you'd have to parboil it enough to skin first, but has it been done?

Phew! All 610 pages read, so now I'll think I know what I'm doing when I finally get my PBC, and as a result, will likely make some mistakes that y'all can chuckle at.

Looking for to seeing your future PBC cooks! :thumb:

Contemplating a PBC purchase (and by "contemplating" I mean saving up some cash), and was just wondering if any of you farkers have done a beef tongue on the cooker. I figure you'd have to parboil it enough to skin first, but has it been done?

As a new owner, all I can say is that you will not be disappointed. I have been cooking some outstanding food with little effort. Once the vent is dialed in it really is set it and forget it.

Back