April ***SPECIAL MASTER'S CUT*** "2019 Ribeye Master" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS All MONTH!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New April Special Throwdown Category is...

"2019 Ribeye Master"

ftrfewyh.jpg

This was jwtseng's 3rd photo in the 2016 Ribeye Master Throwdown

MASTER'S CUT CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING

1. Your entry must consist of Beef Ribeye Steak as an exclusive feature. It can either be boneless or bone-in, your choice.

2. You must cook the cut of meat using a charcoal and/or wood fired grill or smoker, or over an open wood fire.

3. Only one entry may be submitted per person.

[FONT=&quot]4. You must submit:
[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]One photo of your cut of meat in raw form
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]One photo while it is on the cooker
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]One photo of your meat fully cooked.
    [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can submit other photos if you wish, but you must include these 3 to showcase the piece of meat, how you're cooking it, and the result. In other words, your entry will include 3 photos, not one. If you do submit more than 3 photos, you must indicate which 3 will be used for judging or we will pick them for you. You are encouraged to post your full cook thread in QT, and link back here to this entry thread, but you MUST include these three photos in this entry thread. Here is an example from a previous Master's Cut TD Vote thread:

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=101743

[/FONT]
5. The meat must stand on its own. For your final photo, the meat must not be accompanied by any sides or garnish. It can be in whole form, or sliced and arranged as you wish.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/29/19 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 4/29/19.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 4/29/19

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Huh, just took a big ol hunk of ribeye out of the freezer last night :-D

So just for Clarification, is dressing classed as a side.
My dressings can be a Tad heavy.
I wish to enter this Rib Eye.
I hope my scotch Fillet is the same.

So just for Clarification, is dressing classed as a side.
My dressings can be a Tad heavy.
I wish to enter this Rib Eye.
I hope my scotch Fillet is the same.

Titch, if you're referring to a sauce or gravy, that should be fine, though I would be careful to not smother the meat in the entry photo. You could always take your 3rd entry pic sans sauce or dressing just to be on the safe side.

Scotch filet is basically the same as Ribeye, so you're good to go:

Rib Eye or Scotch Fillet

Scotch filet is minus the tip you'll find at the end of an American ribeye. I prefer the way the Scotch filet is trimmed in this manner - it's neater.

Hmmmm, a meat contest. This sounds interesting because my pit shots are often better than my plate shots. Question time..... Provided that photo #1 shows the rib or ribeye steak in it's raw form.... can it be cut/sliced BEFORE cooking over live fire?

entry pic #1

GHREkXZh.jpg

entry pic #2
tA16Ksah.jpg

bonus shot
X3SkN9hh.jpg

entry pic #3
KmGOJXth.jpg

cook thread
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270665

thanks for the TD's it is fun playing along!

***MODERATOR"S NOTE***

As per rule #5, Tom's entry has been disqualified as there is garnish in his final photo:

5. The meat must stand on its own. For your final photo, the meat must not be accompanied by any sides or garnish. It can be in whole form, or sliced and arranged as you wish.

Tom is welcome to submit a new entry, or if he has a final photo of his finished ribeye w/o the garnish, that he can substitute that as well.

While Tom and Titch both used a compound butter and a dressing respectively in their entries, they were not sides or garnishes. This is fine, though use your discretion here, as any dressing, gravy, etc that obscures the meat may cost you votes.

Hope this helps...

That is all for now!

:yo:

Hmmmm, a meat contest. This sounds interesting because my pit shots are often better than my plate shots. Question time..... Provided that photo #1 shows the rib or ribeye steak in it's raw form.... can it be cut/sliced BEFORE cooking over live fire?

Technically, yes...though we've had very few of those over the years.

Back