Ribs on the Kettle

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Had a GF that gave me a MES for my Birthday, used it for everything you would normally smoke and everything for the most part turned out OK. No one ever complained, had a lot of coworkers and friends that would ask me to smoke things for them when I was going to fire up the MES, but I really wasn't into it.

Then one Friday afternoon I decided to cook a couple racks indirect on the Weber Performer for dinner, I remember seasoning them with Bad Byron's Butt Rub. Had friends that were coming over for dinner and hangout to enjoy some adult beverages, music and each others company. Most likely luck but I knocked those Ribs out of the park, everyone was amazed at how good they were, after that it was on and that cook sent me down the rabbit hole, smoked on the Kettle for years before deciding to get a WSM.

Haven't cooked Ribs on a Kettle in over 5yrs, home alone today so thought it would be a good time to revisit where it all started. Duroc St. Louis Spares, seasoned with Q-Salt, been awhile (too long) since I seasoned Spares with Q-Salt. Threw a couple chunks of Pecan on the coals for smoke.

r4Vupd1.jpg

:hungry:

Haven’t tried q salt on pork ribs, just brisket and shorties. Let me know how you like it :thumb:

Tuned in!! You better not make me regret selling my 26 kettle a couple of weeks ago... lol.

Good to see you back in action Kevin. Tuned in and duroc ftw.

Tuned in!! You better not make me regret selling my 26 kettle a couple of weeks ago... lol.
Sold one Performer not going to make that mistake again and it gets used probably close to 60/40 over the MAK.

Looks nice. Is the MES the Mak?
I wish would have saved me some coin, that GF (girl friend) is long gone. MES = Masterbuilt Electric Smoker.

Sold one Performer not going to make that mistake again and it gets used probably close to 60/40 over the MAK.

I wish would have saved me some coin, that GF (girl friend) is long gone. MES = Masterbuilt Electric Smoker.

Totally get it! That said, I’ve been watching my kettle/MAK usage over this past year. 95/5 MAK to kettle. It’s the MAK (and Otto) for me.

Back