Greetings from Davenport, Iowa

-Nightwind-

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Good Morning from Eastern Iowa! I’ve been grilling for years, and have had a life-long passion for outdoor/camp cooking since my days with the Scouts, but just recently discovered the joy of smoking when I got an electric smoker as an early Father’s Day gift last Spring. I’m sure a lot of you here don’t consider a Masterbuilt “actually” smoking, but in the year that I have had it, I’ve logged 32 BEAUTIFUL cooks, (and two not so good ones)
Last spring and summer, I put it through its paces, but by the end of Summer, I was wanting something more than what the electric smoker could offer. Ever since then, I’ve been looking at options. I’ve continued to smoke through the fall and winter (pork ribs have been a great price this winter) but now that weather is starting to warm up, I’m willing to spend more of my time actually outside “tending” to a smoker whereas the electric required minimal attention during the cold Iowa winter. (Ha-ha!) I am strongly considering a Weber Smoky Mountain, as it seems an affordable “next-step” after the electric, and would give me some experience with heat management before investing in an offset. I’m excited for this forum, and the opportunity for sharing of best practices and ideas. Thank you for having me!

Welocme, Ken! You've come to the right place.

That Masterbuilt produces smoke and cooks the food, right? Sounds like a smoker to me.

Rest assured that we'll collectively try to help spend your hard earned dollars, but will also generally provide entertaining and interesting thoughts and ideas along the way.

I look forward to your adventures.

Welocme, Ken! You've come to the right place.

That Masterbuilt produces smoke and cooks the food, right? Sounds like a smoker to me.

Rest assured that we'll collectively try to help spend your hard earned dollars, but will also generally provide entertaining and interesting thoughts and ideas along the way.

I look forward to your adventures.

Thank you. Dollars come and go, but friends made on cooking forums are forever. Is that how the phrase goes? I look forward to getting to know you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to have you, Ken. The WSM is definitely as fool-proof a smoker as there is, and is definitely a great one to learn, experiment, and sharpen your skills on. You will find more information on here than you can imagine, and will be able to test them out for yourself, but please post about your cooks and include pictures: no pictures=it didn't happen:wink:. Enjoy your stay here!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona, love to see some pics from your Masterbuilt cooks.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona, love to see some pics from your Masterbuilt cooks.

Here was yesterday’s smoke in 4 pictures)
1: Brisket Point (I had to separate the 14LB packer to fit)
2. Brisket flat
3&4 Jalepeño poppers
I also smoked stuffed mushrooms. They were the last to come off the smoke, and it was dinner time, so I forgot to snap a photo. Sorry!

46305a4f4f2427fb7d98befd5b320928.jpg
aab898d9ad84b1f514aa583b599bb5ad.jpg
0108f5df7dd9ae9fb426652bab1d5e35.jpg
b8410e08c363dd7cfccbe198a9f22da9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another camp cook here. Welcome to the forum Ken!

Welcome to the Brethren and welcome to the addiction :)

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Nice work there Ken thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Impressive looking food:thumb:

Back